PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Aquatics

Lost His Marbles Name
03/20/2006, 11:23 AM
Chad can order neat live rock, fish tanks "any size" and most of any fish. Don't let the store fool you.

Markk96
03/20/2006, 11:51 AM
I got some nice rock from him yesterday, its the best rock I have seen from any local store around or even online.

stlouisguy
03/20/2006, 02:42 PM
Is there a point to this post? Sounds like a commercial

trottman
03/20/2006, 02:51 PM
do you object to supportign our local LFCS ????

I SUPPORT CHAD

stlouisguy
03/20/2006, 02:54 PM
I also support Chad and think his new store is wonderful. But I also feel that posts such as this one has no point other than pure advertising and doesnt fit in the forum section.

What I dont want to happen is pages of people posting things such as this and turn this into a big billboard instead of a forum.

That satisfy you Trottman?

trottman
03/20/2006, 02:56 PM
i think that this thread is here to inform people that Chad can get you basically anything that you want that is not in stock at his store.

stlouisguy
03/20/2006, 03:00 PM
So its an advertisement. Thanks for seeing it my way.

trottman
03/20/2006, 03:13 PM
Your welcome, and thank You

ramtheory
03/20/2006, 03:19 PM
I have to agree with both sides of this argument we will have to discuss this as a group and decide what the rules should be for or against advertising. Dave could have easily worded it as an experience he had and want to pass along the information. Mark was speaking of his experience buying rock. As of right now the current rule is no LFS bashing or personal flaming. I recommend starting a thread on your view and we can discuss this in the forum. I have my comments on this as well.

Thanks
Dennis

chadscamaro
03/20/2006, 03:23 PM
WOW !:crazy1: :confused:

scubabill
03/20/2006, 03:56 PM
I like when people let you know whos got what saves a lot of time running around and looking for yourself

Lost His Marbles Name
03/20/2006, 08:57 PM
I like to buy everyone a Teddy so you can feel warm and fussy but the reality to this post was to inform people that MOST LFS can special order stuff in so your not stuck with what you see.
NOW I DIDN'T SAY A CERTAIN PLACE BUT MOST DO. HAVE A HAPPY SNOW DAY TOMORROW. LOVE YOUR'S TRULY DAVE. :D

trottman
03/20/2006, 08:58 PM
thats what i took it as, stlouisguy kinda .... well....... there is a different thread about what he thought!

StupidsReef
03/20/2006, 10:07 PM
Geess Dave, I knew you were a trouble maker from the get go! HA HA HA HA HA :lol2: See all those days in the metal hospital has caught up with you :lol: Don't let him fool you folks, It NOT a srew loose in his back but in his..............:eek2:

Trott you remind me of an ol' junk yard dog that hated all people but his owner, Like you he "feared' nothing. :cool:

trottman
03/20/2006, 10:11 PM
i dont hate anyone.... except my spanish teacher!

stlouisguy
03/20/2006, 11:20 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7001244#post7001244 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by trottman
thats what i took it as, stlouisguy kinda .... well....... there is a different thread about what he thought!

Hmm I might have taken it as any LFS can special order things but the title fooled me into thinking it was one particular store

wow guess you guys got me again :p

Good one!

:D

jpfelix
03/20/2006, 11:27 PM
nice ad guys. you should get paid for this one.

dphins
03/20/2006, 11:37 PM
2. COMMERCIAL POSTING: Reef Central exists for the non-commercial exchange of information. Sponsors of this site are given banner space and/or a forum to promote their business in accordance with the sponsor agreement. All other posts or signatures that are deemed to be commercial in nature are a violation of this user agreement and will be removed. As it pertains to the User Agreement, Reef Central defines “commercial post� as knowing and willful posts made by private individuals or businesses, directly or indirectly seeking commerce. Additionally, posts made by individuals or businesses in regard to other commercial activities, in anticipation of direct or indirect economic benefit or relief from the subject activity, will generally be regarded as “commercial.� Recognizing that it is impossible to construct a definition which will satisfy every situation or circumstance, Reef Central reserves the right to determine whether or not a post violates the “intent� of the “commercial post� policy or definition. Violation of this policy will be grounds for removal from our community.

dphins
03/20/2006, 11:40 PM
Is this thread commercial or not?

chadscamaro
03/20/2006, 11:55 PM
No its not commercial, and I did not tell anyone to write this !
Its starting to feel like,because the store turned out good,that people feel the need to be negative? Like if we had built a less than average store,things would be better? No one would be raving about it,so no one would be bashing !
We are all in this hobby to enjoy it and I cant figure out why people feel the need to turn most threads negative ?
Everyone has opinions,but why turn a thread negative because people like a certain store ? This has happened for other stores as well !!!!!

Nanook
03/21/2006, 12:08 AM
For the record, I know Dave aka Lost His Marbles and I know Chad. I think it is safe to say that Dave is not receiving ANY kickback or discount of any kind...he is simply a local that sees a new LFS and wants to give others word of mouth about it.

We need to try to keep in mind that we are neighbors and look out for each other as hobbyists.

With that said, I think it best to close this down to avoid further crossfire and alienation between us.

Dave:)