PDA

View Full Version : Captive Vs wild

_ShotgunShrimp_
04/18/2002, 11:47 PM
i see that seanemisis recomends the florida collector but these are wild caught?? i thought wildcaught horses where bad news and tough to keep?? help with the issue please... i just had a bad experience with seahorsefarms and wish to get into seahorse's and am off to a bad start any help would be great.. (any direct breeders out there please contact me via email id be interested in buying... as long as you dont play a game as seahorsefarms did..

BTW did i mention i dont like seahorsefarms

DrMilhouse
04/19/2002, 06:28 PM
don't hold back now... tell us how you really feel. :D

I've never dealt with seahorsefarms.com , but I have dealt with Bob at Florida collector. He's a good guy. He's slow about his responses to email, usually two to three days and also, the best thing you can do when you make an order from his site is email him with the order as well. Shipping is expensive IMHO, but that's life.

Currently no one is actually breeding and selling the dwarves. A few people here are working on that, but no one is doing it for retail sales yet.

HTH

SeaNemesis
04/19/2002, 07:21 PM
Tank raised is ALWAYS best, however when there are no source for tank raised our choices are limited. There are a few good sources for dwarfs, but alas they are wild caught. If there were any sources for tank raised I would recommend. Florida collector, seahorse farms and seahorse world are all good sources and I have dealt with all of them.

DrMilhouse
04/20/2002, 05:23 PM
I just stumbled on to this, but here ya go, captive raised dwarves...

http://www.inlandaquatics.com./prod/tr_fish.html