PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am new!

UrbanSage
03/20/2006, 04:00 PM
I thought it was about time to find some locals sharing my interrest aside from the pet stores. After a bit of googling I found http://www.lunchbucket.org/SFAS/SFAS.htm and then this subsection of ReefCentral.

About me. I am from Denmark originally, moved to Sioux Falls about three or four years ago.
Untill moving to SF I taught scuba diving, I figured beginning a reef tank was the next best thing in a landlocked state and havent regretted it more than 50 times since ;) when fish start dying from white spots, and the limits of my wifes support are reached.

Bought my first tank, a 75g about 10 months ago..... After various upgrades and updates I am still not exactly where I want to be but I enjoy trying to get there.

Currently I am in the middle of curing 44lbs of LR to add to my current 75lbs in tank. After this is done I might see if I can post a picture.

Well, hello all, seems like a nice bunch of people!

Nick

creslin2
03/20/2006, 06:29 PM
Welcome!

I'm mostly freshwater, but the white spots sound like ich. I think water quality may be the culprit, although there are other causes. Lunchbucket or Travis (or any of the other reefers out there) can probably help with that more than me. Hope to see you at our meetings!

UrbanSage
03/20/2006, 07:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6999934#post6999934 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by creslin2
Welcome!

I'm mostly freshwater, but the white spots sound like ich. I think water quality may be the culprit, although there are other causes. Lunchbucket or Travis (or any of the other reefers out there) can probably help with that more than me. Hope to see you at our meetings!

Yeah, deffinitely ich, but thats month ago now. What I meant although poorly worded was through all the problems a reef can go through it is still worth it.

Currently (crossed fingers) theres no problems at all in my tank :)

kau_cinta_ku
03/20/2006, 08:16 PM
[welcome]
great to see you found the website and hope to see you at the meetings they are great. glad you also cured your ich prob. and yes i agree a reef is still worth all the problems cause in the end it is very rewarding.

Lunchbucket
03/20/2006, 09:48 PM
[welcome]

UrbanSage - you found that page on Google :lol: too cool....guess it is good for something

hope you can join us more for more chats here and for the meetings. check the website often.

you already registered? i'll get you on the list for email updates

thanks
Lunchbucket

UrbanSage
03/20/2006, 10:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7001668#post7001668 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lunchbucket

UrbanSage - you found that page on Google :lol: too cool....guess it is good for something

hope you can join us more for more chats here and for the meetings. check the website often.

you already registered? i'll get you on the list for email updates

thanks
Lunchbucket

I would like to join the meetings, a good face to face talk with experienced people is after all better than forum questions.
I recently became a moderator on saltcreep (www.saltcreep.com) probably more for my level of participation than my quantity of experience.

I did sign up, but used an email address which for unknown at the moment reasons is not functional. I have the email server sitting here next to me humming and everything seems like it is the way its supposed to be...... Cant send email to it though, only send from it :confused:

Lunchbucket
03/20/2006, 10:31 PM
meeting up at the galthering will be nice

hmm...hope you get that email issue figured out

thanks
Lunchbucket

CHUCKSD
03/21/2006, 11:31 AM
Glad you found the group!
Please check the forum (or the website) for our next meeting in April.

look forward to meeting you!
Chuck

Travis
03/22/2006, 12:15 AM
UrbanSage, good to see you here.:) It sounds like you share the same passion as many of us and will fit right in. Look forward to meeting you at one of the meetings.

BTW, I hear you about not being exactly where you want to be with your tank. With this hobby, I don't think we ever are as we are always striving to create the best possible environment for our animals and technology/biology is always advancing. Or maybe that is just a personal problem of mine because I just can't leave my tank alone.:lol:

UrbanSage
03/22/2006, 11:01 AM
Email is up and running again.
I resubmitted for the mailing list.

tangdiver
04/05/2006, 05:16 PM
How is the rock curing coming? Can we see any pics...yes I know where are all mine...kinda hard to explain...

Grant

UrbanSage
04/07/2006, 02:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7118670#post7118670 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangdiver
How is the rock curing coming? Can we see any pics...yes I know where are all mine...kinda hard to explain...

Grant

Went well, dumped it in my tank last weekend I believe. Looks more complete now. Now I wish I had a deeper sandbed and a bigger tank :D

I will try to remember to poste a before and after pic next week.... Usually my full tank shots dont turn out to well though.....I have a ****ty Odyssea MH setup and im blaming it for alot ;)