PDA

View Full Version : while i was gone

coralfarmer84
03/20/2006, 02:46 PM
why is it everytime you got out of town something bad has to happen. I come home expecting to see my beautiful tank ready for a new sps colony i bought (its an awesome light purple color baseball size) and what do i find
I walk in to a tank that you can't see into, thats missing about 50 gallons of water, two dead fish, a shattered heater thats sending a pulse into the water, and a friend who was clueless. 5 hours later, after a hell of a lot of work, the tank finally looked decent, about half my corals were knocked over (how?) and pieces of sps were laying on top of mushroom rocks and lps. I could have killed him. luckily no damage to any corals except one piece of sps has totally changed from brown with purple tips to brown with blue tips and green polyps but it looks strange, but i did lose a diamond goby and a bicolor anthia.

I'm never leaving my tank alone again... grr i guess it was time for a nice 75 gallon water change :rolleyes:

STACKER
03/20/2006, 03:19 PM
Yup, we missed your tales of woe. but now that you are back you didn't dissapoint. That sux Ryan! I'd have killed who ever was supposed to be taking care of my tank. If I didn't know any better (I do but not admitting to anything) I'd guess there was a party and some (or several) idiots were involved. Or, your trusted tank keeper simply didn't do anything.

coralfarmer84
03/20/2006, 03:44 PM
yea he couldn't have done much of anything. thats what i get for not letting the usual person take care of it. i wanted someone who could stay at the house since i was recently robbed. but obviously he didn't stay. All that water had to have gone somewhere but where. I checked the salinity and it was 1.023 so it couldn't have all evaporated. I'm just glad all of the coral survived and that all my fish loook healthy and happy now that i'm home. The only good news that came of this was finding out that my prized naso has finally started to nipple at prepared foods. it only took what a month and a half lol.

STACKER
03/21/2006, 06:42 AM
I see images af some half crazed (drunk on Butt-light and tequila shots) idiot jumping in the tank. "Yo.. Brau hold me beer and watchisss"... LOL Well, as long as most everyhting survived you can consider yourself fortunate. And the LFS loves ya!

doody
03/21/2006, 12:13 PM
That would be one less buddy in my phone book. There's no wet area's around the tank? You're right, 50g of water just does'nt disappear.

STACKER
03/21/2006, 01:08 PM
Bigfoot? mmmm could be! One thing for sure, I'd have one less buddy! That's just not cool period.

coralfarmer84
03/21/2006, 04:52 PM
O well I guess. I guess i'll never really know what happened but next time i go out of town i'm going to a fellow reefer for the work lol

Reefer247
03/21/2006, 07:04 PM
dude where you living now? you got robbed? that blows.. maybe someone who is a reefer robbed you and took your toxic water with them?

STACKER
03/21/2006, 07:21 PM
LMFAO Mike! I'm glad my beer mug was already empty...

coralfarmer84
03/21/2006, 09:53 PM
haha. I'm still living in the same house I always was. The tank looks better than ever after a huge water change and lots of scrubbing a cleaning. hows your tank coming along mike?

STACKER
03/22/2006, 10:55 AM
Ryan, are you interested in a clown tang? They get about 15" and you have the only tank of us big enough to handle one. It's about 2.5-3" now but will get big fast... Let me know and I'll pass you on to the guy in Philly that has one to unload.

coralfarmer84
03/22/2006, 01:09 PM
at the current moment the only fish I'm interested in would be a male crosshatch trigger. But thanks for looking for me stack. I just bought 90 pounds of live rock outta someone elses display and may possibly be getting 100 more so that is my main goal right now. I should have went the live rock route in the beginning but i'm a bargain shopper and would much rather wait to find super coralline covered live rock at 2 bucks a pound then go to the store and pay 5 plus dollars a pound for rock thats brown ugly and still curing lol. So we'll see what falls in my lap. But thanks again for the offer.

STACKER
03/22/2006, 03:04 PM
I wasn't looking this just came up. The guy doesn't have space and it was a freebie to him. I figured you'd jump all over a free fish that gets large.

Liverock, cured and mature for under $4/lb. is a good deal. We'll be ordering a couple hundred pounds soon (when the weather warms up to the 50's atleast). I'll let everyone know so they can get in on the deal and likely drive the lb. cost down. Freight is $60 per box from LA flat, no discount but the price goes from about $2/lb. down to about $1.70 when you buy 200 lb. or more.

coralfarmer84
03/22/2006, 03:18 PM
now that you mention free lol. Are they as agressive as sohols? I may be interested but philly is a long drive

STACKER
03/22/2006, 03:53 PM
No but they are pushy, you can afford to be when you are 10 times bigger than anyone else in the tank!

I just sent a frag to MS overnight USPS for $22.20. It would be less than $17 for the same from Philly to your door.

I have a feeling theis fish won't be around by this time tomorrow so it prolly won't matter now anywho

coralfarmer84
03/22/2006, 04:28 PM
well thanks anyways chief

STACKER
03/23/2006, 06:32 AM
that kinda disrespect will get you nothing ever again.

Reefer247
03/23/2006, 12:04 PM
slacker did you have a beef with this fish? why are you trying to kill it? one sec in the toxic water and its a done deal RIP little guy....

coralfarmer84
03/23/2006, 04:30 PM
haha. you guys crack me up. And I was kidding stack, did you forget to take your medicine again? haha

STACKER
03/24/2006, 08:18 AM
Mike, let me type slllloooowwwwly here... You're lost! The fish is/was not mine but a guy from Philly... got that much? I was simply helping him find a home for it. Am I going too fast? LOL

Toxic water? Are you offering your tank now? LOLOLOLOLOL

Anywho, the guy who had the clown tang only has a 75 and had 3 tangs already. He was freaked out about the clown getting bug and whoopin' up on his fish. He was offering it free to a good home (ya, I asked Ryan anyway LOL) I thought of Ryan with a 240 and lots of extra space and Rich with a 300 in the store. the guy ended up unloading it with another reefer from Philly so the point it moot.

coralfarmer84
03/24/2006, 03:08 PM
well the good news is I have 90 pounds of purple encrusted live rock going into the tank tomorrow after I pick it up. I'm hoping that this other deal comes through and them i'll have 100 more. That would put me around 340 total jpounds in my system which should be more than enough. Either way with the 90 I'll have around a pound per gallon.

STACKER
03/25/2006, 10:14 AM
Cool, you'll have to host a meeting and have us all over to go fishing! LOL We're not bringing beer either... :)

coralfarmer84
03/25/2006, 07:39 PM
I got my new rock and wow is it amazing, clean no aptasia at all or hair algea and totally encrusted. It turned out to be well more than 100 pounds of rock. I can't believe I came across this deal. I'll post some pics soon because the tank actually looks full.

And I'd def be up for having people over to check it out, but I can't quite throw a party as good as Paul.... but yea i'm game.

STACKER
03/28/2006, 10:45 AM
Just let us know... Keep in mind that a meeting is scheduled for April....

coralfarmer84
03/29/2006, 04:08 PM
What date is the meeting?

STACKER
03/30/2006, 06:38 AM
Sunday, April 9 just as it is on the website. We need to change venues and restart the "tank tour".

hookedonfish
03/30/2006, 08:28 AM
Hey Guys,

Chris & I are starting Scuba lessons on Sundays from 6:00 to 10:00pm for 6 weeks. I will not be able to host or attend the April 9th. mtg. I know you will miss me. I do have a raffle item If someone wants to stop by. It's time to step up to the plate coralfarmer.

STACKER
03/30/2006, 12:00 PM
... He's thinking of an excuse....

either way I doubt anyone will be kicking the doors down (as usual) to attend so we can pretty much hold a meeting in a phone booth if necessary. My office is always available but there are no tabnks setup here currently.

coralfarmer84
03/30/2006, 03:23 PM
Well considering I only attended one meeting and I was late..... haha

But yea I want to show off my tank and get some comments and opinions. So yea I'll def have it at my place. Spread the word!

How should we go about getting directions to my place out? Would you like to just post them on here? Let me know the formalities lol

mfabrizio75
03/30/2006, 09:16 PM
yes i do believe that he needs all the opinions he can get cuz his tank looks terrible now that he has that red slime outbreak.... also the majano, aptasia, hair algea, and bubble algea..... ill bring beer this time

coralfarmer84
03/30/2006, 11:08 PM
mike you crazy idiot... my hard work and dedication will speak for itself lol
I'll take some molsen or bud light since your offering

STACKER
03/31/2006, 06:42 AM
It's Molson there youngster....

Yes, you may as well post up your address and we''ll find you.

So the plan is for Sun. April 9, 2006 around 6:00 ish? don't worry I alway bring beer, prolly not what greenhorn tenderfeet lightbeer drinkin' college girls drink (ya, the excuse I hear is that guys buy light beer and Bacardi sissy stuff just incase a girl might show up)... LOL So its mac n cheese and ramen noodles in the cupboard sink full of dishes, cristy potsw and pans on the stove and in the oven, microwave that looks like the inside of a slaughter house, and a fridge with out of date milk, 1/2 bottle of ketchup, bottle of franks redhot, 1 pickle, empty jelly jar, one dried up and rotted egg, 1/4 stick of butter, and 3 cases of buttlight. Sound about right? Oh, maybe an old chinese or Applebees takeout container with god knows what growing inside.

coralfarmer84
03/31/2006, 09:17 AM
hey now thats being stereotypical... p.s. I just ate the last pickle so now the jar is in the fridge empty.

mfabrizio75
03/31/2006, 10:55 AM
ok ok i take offence to the girly light drinking college kids comments, i only drink good beer like hieny, Molson, the real budwieser, Killians now ryan on the other hand has a tendancy to drink Mike's hard lemonade........ LIGHT (***)

STACKER
03/31/2006, 01:32 PM
LOL I joke because I lived there Ryan! All those dorm years in college and single years after when I spent $10 for every $9 I made...

Mike... "real" and buttwieser should never be used in the same breath... that's bad mojo! :) I still value free beer as the best beer but if I'm paying domestics and light beers are not even a consideration. Chicks drink light beer and fuzzy sweet malt beverages... :) to each their own, I can brang a foaty coors lite for da peeps but I'll go for somenting a bit more masculine for myself.

LOL Ryan is a zima sipper eh? .... what a twit! LOLOLOL

coralfarmer84
03/31/2006, 02:35 PM
now this is totally off topic but Mike i just realized that out of your 26 total posts none of them have been about fish lol. I think you joined the wrong forum.

STACKER
04/01/2006, 09:35 AM
Atleast most of his aren't about murdering fish...

coralfarmer84
04/01/2006, 02:47 PM
o very funny. lol.

STACKER
04/04/2006, 05:54 AM
Ya, but I have been called worse! :)