PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'll post the 1st reef related question

DrBDC
03/15/2006, 10:59 AM
OK, here's reef related question to get some going in the forum.

Bought a superman monti last fall. It seemed to take a bit to kick into growth stage (just about the same length for my wallet to recover too :lol: ) and over the last month or two it's taken off spreading off the rock and onto the flat rock I glued the original frag rock onto. In the pic you can see the original frag rock outline. If I were to knock that original frag rock off would it grow and blend in w/o a funny looking spot in the middle or should I leave it alone and just let it cover the whole big rock and break pieces off of that when it gets that big. Here's the pic:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/66527000_0183small-med.jpg[/url]

DARKSILENTTYPE
03/15/2006, 11:10 AM
Let me know when you frag that thing I would like a frag in my tank

sirreal63
03/15/2006, 11:12 AM
It should fill back in but will look odd until it does.

That is really a pretty coral. :-)

DrBDC
03/15/2006, 11:49 AM
Where it joins together again would it have a "scar" or would it heal smooth?

ramtheory
03/15/2006, 12:05 PM
Roy depends on what it has to cover. Every time I have a piece break off my green monti it looks as if it is melting when it spreads. Then I get branches shooting straight up. I believe the superman monti just spreads and coats everything. It might look like a crater for a while.

trottman
03/15/2006, 07:19 PM
let it gorw some more.... then you will probably make back all the cash you spent on it by selling frags!

Lost His Marbles Name
03/17/2006, 11:51 PM
Were is it's cape? It can't fly without a cape. That might be what is wrong with it. Of corse i'm not an expert as you can tell.