PDA

View Full Version : A helpful reminder...

myakkareef
03/15/2006, 08:15 AM
Got home last night from work and since the weather has warmed up noticed the tank temp at around 86...Went out and looked at Chiller it was on but the fan was not running. Spent the nest few hours cleaning and oiling it and everything else. Oiled the fan gave it a spin and away it went, Thankfully. Seems to be working fine now. SO for anyone who lags in there maintenance here is a reminder to get it done before it cost alot more then alittle elbow grease and oil...

robthorn
03/16/2006, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't bet on that motor running for very long . you never know it may go forever but you might want to find out the availability of a replacement just in case so you know exactly were to go if needed. I work alot with motors and when they start messing up it is normally only a matter of time. grainger or a local a/c supply house would be a good starting place.

jerrymlr1
03/16/2006, 08:57 PM
I can think of only one person who might lag in their maintenance................:) Nice tip though. Thanks for keeping us on our toes.

multi striped 12
03/16/2006, 10:46 PM
No Chiller but last week I found that my TDS had gone up to 2
out of my DI cartridge...refill and back in buisness back to zero.

myakkareef
03/17/2006, 01:58 PM
TDS of 2, keep your meter away from my output:-)
Hey Jerry I resemble that remark....
Robthorn, thanks for the advice, I believe Grainger has a replacement. It wil probably run great untill about Sept. when the temps hit 100 deg...Thank God for Ice and Ziplocks...