PDA

View Full Version : Base rock/chaeto for reef rubble?

ewaldm
03/15/2006, 02:09 AM
I tore down my 35g aggressive tank after my eel escaped from the outlet tube of my bakpak skimmer. I didn't see it for a few days, and finally discovered it behind the tank. It was already dried out and had no hope for resuscitation

As I tore down the tank and transferred some of the rock to the 10g tank I decided to set up (It was too hard nailing down the water temp in the 2.5g tank). I noticed that I couldn’t find any bristle worms or pods. And when I say zero, I mean zero! It’s odd because I have plenty of tube worms. I’m thinking that the arc eye hawkfish, copperbanded butterfly fish (temp for majano anemones), and baby clown triggerfish that I’ve kept over the course of the last two years destroyed the population.

Anyways, since I’m setting up a small nano-tank, and also using the aquaclear filter, and bakpak skimmer as refugiums, I need to get some pods and worms. Would anybody be willing to donate/trade any rubble from their tank/refugium for some base rock, or Chaetomorpha algae?

I will be at this weekends meeting.

Just let me know!

Thanks

Michael

tangdiver
03/15/2006, 07:47 AM
Always need more algae...I have tons of rubble...probably over 40 lbs...if ya wanna trade let me know...also Sam is looking for algae...might be willing to do so...so bring down the algae...either way you will get what you want.

Grant

ewaldm
03/16/2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks, I'll definetely bring some down!

kau_cinta_ku
03/17/2006, 08:08 AM
what are the sizes of the base rock? and price. i am looking for alage but the sump just got built and won't be hooked up right away so don't need it just yet.

ewaldm
03/18/2006, 04:07 AM
1 or 2 pounds. I'll bring some down for you to look at. It won't cost anything, just bring some shrooms, and we'll call it a deal.