PDA

View Full Version : Massive Massacre of Xenia reported Sunday at Finman's house

Finman
04/15/2002, 10:13 PM
It was awful, nothing short of a Xenia killing frenzy was reported to have accured at Finman's house this past Sunday afternoon. What was once a healthy thriving reef tank of Xenia has now been reduced to a few stragglers that managed to hide out during the killing spree.

This is once again another example of what can happen when a reefer has been driven to the brink of sanity with the every encroaching "Pulsating Xenia".

When last reported the green star polyps in forementioned reef tank were said to be cowering in fear for their very lives.

JasonF
04/16/2002, 01:07 PM
I think the massacre will move to Jason's appartment and change to grape caluerpa tonight.:D

Finman
04/16/2002, 02:10 PM
Jason, I think I had better luck eradicating the xenia than I did with the caulerpa. The caulerpa has so many tenical roots that I couldn't pick it all off. But if I had tried the method that I used on the Xenia, " The Don Davis take em out with dykes method" I might have had more success.

The caulerpa just went away after about 14 months from setup.

OscarBeast
04/17/2002, 01:06 PM
Hey!

Don't Kill all of it! I could always use some more xenia! :P

Finman
04/17/2002, 04:52 PM
I still want to know what happened to the bag of xenia, colt, and green star polyps that I brought for you at the March meeting. :D

l still have some xenia on a couple of rocks and shells that are away from the main stack of live rock. I hated to do it, I'm sure that if I went to the trouble I could've trade a couple hundred dollars worth of fish and corals at some of the LFS. But what a hassle trying to deal with it.

I have traded in the past but it just gets to be to much of a pain. It's just easier to flush it down the ole camode.

DrkShadow
05/12/2002, 10:01 AM
Finman,

I got your Xenia and its going well of course. It has not spread past it's rock yet but it is growing.

Finman
05/12/2002, 06:56 PM
DrkShadow, just make sure you keep it isolated or next thing you know its taken over the tank. I still have some in my tank but it is on rocks that are separate from the main reef structure.

DrkShadow
05/16/2002, 05:57 PM
Sounds like they group like weeds eh. When I get home this weekend I'll make sure theres no other stuff around it for them to spread/attach too. :D