PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Seahorses...???

quiksilver5768
04/15/2002, 07:51 PM
I cant find a picture or any info really on dwarf seahorses. I was looking for a dwarf to put into my refugium for my nano reef. Anybody have any picutres and info on these little guys? Any internet sites would be helpfule...Thanks :)

Feather Duster
04/15/2002, 10:49 PM
Dwarf pictures are over at www.seahorse.org under the library section.

I am researching dwarfs right now and you might have trouble if you put them in your refugium. If you have live rock in your nano you might (probably) have hydroids which can kill the horses.

As for current, they need a very, very gentle flow.

SeaNemesis
04/16/2002, 08:16 AM
I have an article on seahorse.org in the library under articles>husbandry. This should answer most of your questions. If you give me more specifics on your tank I could be able to tell you more as well if dwarfs would do well in your refrigium. Check out the article first :)

quiksilver5768
04/16/2002, 09:47 AM
My refugium is in a 5 gal tank. It is above my main nano reef and it has a good amount of caulpera growing all throughout it. I also have a good amount of Live Rock in there. And what is hydroids? This can kill the dwarfs? Also, If dwarf seahorses can live in here...how many would i be able to put in? Thanks for the replies :)