PDA

View Full Version : New PROP farmers and other news

Reefmaiden
03/10/2006, 09:05 AM
I am happy to announce the addition of two new PROP farmers: Chris (clkwrk) and Kirsten (kirstenk). The experience that these two will bring to PROP will be a great asset.

Other PROP news...

We just received another order of coral frags and have more in the works. Pictures of all PROP corals including these new additions will hopefully be up this week. Here are the new PROP corals:

Tubs crayola
Purple horrida
Paletta turquoise lovelli
Miyagi tort
Steve Elias stag
Deep purple monti cap
Bennet Yellow Tort
Pink Pocillipora
Neon Candycane

Other corals in the works:
Monaghan LE Tizardi
Tubs Blue Zoas
Purple People Eater Zoas
Neon Pink Zoas

joeyf
03/10/2006, 11:30 AM
Sweet! We're finally going to get zoos!

I'm glad to see that there are some new corals and new faces for prop too!

dgin
03/10/2006, 05:31 PM
We are glad to have Kirsten(kirstenk) and Chris(clkwrk) join PROP. Just to second what Erin stated, they will be great assets with the experience they bring.

Just a few tidbits as to the selection process as there were additional applications made. Other than the types of tanks the applicants have kept and are keeping and the corals they may have, PROP also had some additional criteria that were used in the selection process. Including the following:

- Must be local to the greater Phoenix metropolitan area. This is because the farmers need to support each other as well as PROP. Its difficult to do this when you are hours away.
- Must be known, recognized, and been around for a while as a contributor to the local reefing community.

PROP also has no affiliation with LFS or businesses that sell coral. This is to avoid any possible conflicts of interest and such.

PROP is currently small in headcount and isn't setup to add too many farmers too quickly. As such, PROP continues to build upon their operating infrastructure as more farmers are added.

Thats all for now.

kirstenk
03/10/2006, 08:37 PM
Some of you may be :D
Some may be :hmm2:
Some :mad2:

I hope to bring some new ideas to Prop and help them help our reefing community. Wish me luck!!

clkwrk
03/10/2006, 09:27 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6928019#post6928019 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kirstenk
Some of you may be :D
Some may be :hmm2:

I hope to bring some new ideas to Prop and help them help our reefing community. Wish me luck!!

Couldn't have said it any better :D

Pyrrhus
03/11/2006, 01:24 AM
can't think of 2 better people to join the ranks of prop.

moonpower
03/12/2006, 03:01 AM
congrats to both of you. I know you will be an asset to props

moore_rb
03/12/2006, 11:31 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6928019#post6928019 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kirstenk

Anyone who reacts that way probably needs to do a little intro-spection on themselves.....

You and Chris maintain two of the nicest aquariums in the area, and you both pay diligent attention to the health of your systems and livestock. You also both make yourselves available to other local reefers, rather than being standoff-ish or non-social. There are several others in the valley that have the experience and maintain very nice tanks, but character and personality are also key parts of being a community representative (which every PROP farmer is)

I can't think of two better candidates to join PROP. Congrats to you both.

kirstenk
03/12/2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks Robert, Moonie and Skip!

Fliger
03/12/2006, 11:48 PM
PROP is extremely lucky to have da bof a yaz.

Sorry, just finished The Sopranos.

clkwrk
03/12/2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the support folks :D

brbegle
03/15/2006, 08:11 PM
Oh, sorry I missed this post - I also wish you a congratulations! You both have been extremely helpful to increase my knowledge more than I thought possible! Thanks for your help and a big congrats!~

Philwd
03/20/2006, 04:41 PM
I've been out of town for a while and just saw the news. Congrats to Kirsten and Chris.

clkwrk
03/27/2006, 02:03 AM
Thanks Phil :D