PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum, Q.

redfisher17
03/09/2006, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the area (North Port) and happened to find a link to your club/forum here. I'm excited because I couldn't find much info about quality local resources for livestock (went to a couple LFS - didn't find much). I couldn't find Chaeto anywhere either. If anyone has a bag for sale, I'd be happy to pick it up at your convenience.

I need to spend more time exploring the forum, but is there someone to contact about more info on ACROS (such as off-line meets, etc) ?

Thanks!
Mike

a2fire2i
03/09/2006, 11:05 PM
Mike,
Welcome to the forum! I am sure Scott, mayakkareef (the club president), will come along and put you on the club mailing list. As im sure you have already seen, we have a meeting this Saturday up in Apollo Beach with the Tampa Club.

My chaeto does not grow like weeds so i have none to offer you, but I am sure someone will have a bag for ya though.

What are the set up of your current tanks? I see you have two nanos...

Agu
03/09/2006, 11:07 PM
[welcome]

Scott aka Myakareef is the current Grand Poobah, contact him to get on the email list.

I have chaeto in Venice, whenever you can pick some up let me know. It's the usual price, free ;) .

redfisher17
03/09/2006, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

a2fire2i:

Starting mostly from scratch from the move. I left/sold my 29g (my first SW tank) to my roommate and transferred what I had from my 'office' 12g I'm establishing again. It's a NanoCubeDX with some minor mod's. I used the 5.5g as sort of an emergency/frag-home tank. It has 2 AC 150's on it - one with a little chemical media, the other as a small refugium. 5.5 has 2x18w PC's. Both tanks are sparse right now, just clean-up crews, some less sensitive corals, etc. No fish.
That being said, I want to start something bigger in the living room. Maybe a 30 breeder with a good size sump and all the DIY mod's that I've always wanted to have the time to experiment with.

aqu:

I really appreciate that. I can already tell that there's a bunch of awesome people here. Is there any day/time in particular that is good for you? I'm available most of the time outside of work.

Thanks for the replies..

Mike

Agu
03/10/2006, 10:31 AM
Mike,

My time is pretty flexible, I'll PM you my cell phone number.

coyoteseven
03/10/2006, 11:55 AM
Hi Mike! :wave:

I still have some left... sent you a PM.

Later bro,
Larry

harrisagogetter
03/10/2006, 03:51 PM
Hi Mike,

Nice to see another person in the area..

Hope we can meet someday.

Aaron

redfisher17
03/11/2006, 12:58 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6926132#post6926132 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by harrisagogetter
Hi Mike,

Nice to see another person in the area..

Hope we can meet someday.

Aaron

Same here Aaron. I hardly know anyone in North Port. I have 1 neighbor and they seem to hide. Very strange. I'm glad I found this forum - already met cool and helpful people!