PDA

View Full Version : hello

pdgaffer
03/09/2006, 08:33 PM
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Hoping I can learn a lot from everyone. I plan on making a meeting soon to learn a lot more and meet everyone. I live in Lodi and just set up my 46 bowfront again. I had a fish only system about 2 years ago in it and now cleaned it up and going with a reef. I have a hang on overflow going to a 10gal sump ( I think i should go with a 20 but the 10 is wkg ok now). I have a seaclone 100 in the sump. About 50lbs of sand and 35lbs of live rock so far. Going to bump up the rock another 15 lbs. I have new lighting arriving tomorrow which is 2 96wat pc with moon lights. To start off what would be good to start with besides getting a clean up crew going? With the lighting that Im getting would I be open to a lot of options? My tank isnt very big so I thought the 2 96wt pc would be enough! Well thats enough for my introduction and hope to meet you all soon!:rollface: :bum:

lanxang
03/09/2006, 09:02 PM
welcome to Reefcentral and the NVR forum.

what are you planning to keep in your tank, in the way of corals.

Your lighting should be good enough for Soft corals (mushroom, gsp, etc) and LPS (frogspawn, blasto, etc...) if place in the middle to the top. You might be able to keep some easy to care for SPS (digitata, sp?). Pretty much everything at twins aquarium are either Soft corals or LPS.

I know of two members who ran PCs and their tank looks pretty nice.

You might want to look into getting a better skimmer or try modifing the Seaclone with an airstone mod. The coralife 65 or 120 might be a good option.

If you're planning on putting another 15lbs of rock, I would hold off in placing any corals or fish into the tank. The extra rock will restart your cycle.

Good luck.

Post pictures when you get a chance.

Bdimas
03/09/2006, 09:34 PM
Welcome!
Yeah with that lighting i would stick to softies and lps. Also what kind of flow do you have? Softies and lps prefer low to moderate flow. I would also wait on adding any livestock until your done adding live rock. Sounds like a good start!

pdgaffer
03/09/2006, 09:43 PM
how the heck do i post a pic?

lanxang
03/10/2006, 12:09 AM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=333197

pdgaffer
03/10/2006, 05:30 PM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/36500tankfront1-thumb.bmp