PDA

View Full Version : Barnicle Blenny!

Playfair
04/15/2002, 01:04 PM
Todd talked me into getting one of these tiny fish that just started becoming available in the hobby. Thanks man for doing all the research stuff and getting John to order a few!
http://members.localnet.com/~playfair/bb/bblenny1.jpg
Because these blennys are only ~1" long, both of us ended up putting them in our 7 gal nanos. The vid doesn't show how cool their total behavior is (you have to watch for more than 15 seconds), but you guys get the idea. The coolest part is when it darts out of the hole to eat, then back again in a blink of the eye. Of course, this didn't happen when I wanted it to...

Edit: [video link removed to free up space]

Gary Majchrzak
04/15/2002, 01:11 PM
Cool vid AND soundtrack!:D
I can even see one of my stichodactyla!
Nano is looking PRIMO!

Playfair
04/15/2002, 01:25 PM
Is that your final answer on the id of that anem/shroom thing? lol
Thanks dude!

Edit: [video link removed to free up space]

saltwaterfishlover
04/15/2002, 01:35 PM
COOL FISH..... I thought I had time to spare at work.... I at least dont take movies...... LOL
must be a perk of xerox

Zmann
04/15/2002, 03:38 PM
Super cool fish Dude. I wish I had one for my Nano

BCooksey
04/15/2002, 05:50 PM
I bought one of those about 2 months ago from John. It went right to the back of the tank and I haven't seen him since. too bad, it was a really cool fish.

Gary Majchrzak
04/15/2002, 06:19 PM
Dave- that's Julian Sprung's 'final' ID, NOT mine! ;) Perfect miniature carpet anemones for a nano tank though, don'tcha think? :D I had to return and edit in that the photo you took in this thread is one of the finest I've seen taken by you to date! FANTASTIC MACRO!

ToddsReef
04/16/2002, 06:47 AM
This fish is amazing...has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in the hobby (but I say that about a lot of stuff...most stuff actually). Anyway, after waiting months for these and searching all over the net John got them and now FFExpress has them ( http://www.ffexpress.com/cc.htm )...and I have a credit there...doesn't that figure! I would encourage anyone with a nano to invest in one of these beauties but they seem like they would likely get eaten or lost in a large tank (like Brian alluded to).

Todd