PDA

View Full Version : ANCHOR Rox

BankerJohn
03/06/2006, 05:03 PM
Keri,

I just got home a little while ago and noticed the rocks and styro coolers were gone. I hope they are in your trusted care!

Tell us, how do the ANCHOR Rox look?

I'm thinking the pink rock may not have set up since I used the white portland cement that was from the outside of the opened bag and was already hardened a bit. I am curious about the color though.

gatorolsen
03/07/2006, 08:16 AM
Yes, I picked up the coolers Sun afternoon. Honestly I haven't had a chance to dig everything out yet, got a couple of long work days ahead.

When I did peek the pink batch was a nice color but the rocks had not set, just crumbly sand. I still need to dig all the way through to see if some portions had set. I was thinking that if it had not I would try using some of the sand in another batch. Then I could mix it with undyed sand, I thought that would give it a nice more natural look if the color was randomly sprinkled throughout.

The other box seemed to have set up fine.

I will post again with pics once I have sifted through all of them.

Thanks again for the materials and know how for the DIY day.

Keri

BankerJohn
03/08/2006, 12:28 AM
I thought that the partially opened bag of cement may be the cause of the first batch of rox (pink rocks) to not set up properly. You have sand, fresh portland from the inside of the bag and the dye. Try a new batch and let us know the results.

gatorolsen
04/08/2006, 06:57 PM
wow am I behind, finally dug through one of the coolers and although the pink rock was very crumbly on top it did set up some but is pretty dense. The pink is very light, kind of a cotten candy pink but mixed in really well.

I think I might try a batch (eventually) with some more dye to make the sand darker and then make some rock with some regular sand mix also - so the pink is here and there in clumps

I will let you know and/or take pics once I have had a chance to sit down and empty out all the coolers and set up the rock to cure

reefrubble
04/10/2006, 09:59 PM
We want Pics,WE want Pics. Ted