PDA

View Full Version : Pappa seems pretty P/O'd

Nagel
04/13/2002, 10:46 AM
Hello there Dr. Frank....

Ok, Here's my situation. Pappas gonna spit out babies this weekend again, so here's what I did. I have my 10g running a few months now, the last month is has kept my babys well (they really have grrown quite a bit). But I still think they are too small to be put in my 55 growout tank (FOWLR, only a few snails and small hermits as inhabitants). So for now the babies are chilling in the 10, and I need to put pappa in there for this next batch. So I set up a breeding net 4"x6"x6". Put a little bit of macroalgea (curly-q's) in there and move pappa in last night. (I saw eyeballs in pappas mouth 3 days ago and by my calculations, this weekend should be it). So he's now sitting in the breeders trap, looking really mad. Still has a mouthful, but not opening his mouth much. He's just chilling on the bottom of the net, upright as he should be, almost sulking. Last time I moved him in to the 10g, there were no other fry and he had the whole 10 to himself. Now he's in a trap. Will this adversely affect pappa? Once he spits out the babies, I plan to move him back to the 75 and put a breeder trap in there for him for a few days, or to put him in the 29. This way he can eat a bit to replenish some lost energy (almost 2 months without eating, he was carrying 3 days after he last released). Any thoughts on his apparent unhappiness (I know a 6x4x4 breeder trap is cramped compared to the 75, but he didn't get annoyed when he had all of the 10 to himself).

Thanks in advance....