PDA

View Full Version : pufferfish tank

fish boy2
04/13/2002, 10:09 AM
i am planing on setting up a 100 gallon tank will i be able to put to small porcupine puffers and to small dogfaces in the tank

rackboy
04/13/2002, 01:13 PM
They sould live together fine while they are small but once they get biger there could be problems. I have a striped dog puffer, A porcupine puffer, green spotted puffer, Huma Huma, and a snoeflake eal. they are all small and are living together fine for now. I know that I am going to have to get gid of the dog face once he gets bigger. A full growen porcupine probably wouldn't like a 100g same thing with a dog face puffer.

billsreef
04/14/2002, 09:32 PM
A lot is going to depend on the individual disposition of each puffer. I've noticed and extraordinary variability the personality of different individuals within the same species when it comes to puffers. Kind of makes it hard to call the outcome of mixing them. If you try, be sure and add new fish when you will be around for several days to closely observe the interactions and intervene if necessary. Also there are several different species of porcupines and dogface puffers to make matters even more confusing. Some will only get around 10-12 inches long...others around 3 feet :eek2:

fish boy2
04/16/2002, 06:04 AM
the type of porcupine i am geting is diodon holacanthus but i am not sure about the dogface