PDA

View Full Version : Gossip

BCooksey
04/12/2002, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure why they fired Tom. I heard a rumor that he was very rude to a customer. More than usual I guess. I usually got along with him, once in a while he would get a little attitude with me. Hell, if I dealt with some of the people that walk in that place I would be a d*** sometimes too. Who knows.

kcolagio
04/12/2002, 09:02 PM
Oops, I ressurected the other gossip thread...oh well, here should work.

Hmmm...he was never too bad with me. Always seemed decent...

Maybe he cost more than the Chris kid they brought in...I could see that coming from Dan if funds were tight.

*shrug* Maybe when they brought in the new guy Tom said, "I'm outta here then".... Just a thought.

I'll wait until I hear more....maybe someone else knows for sure.

ToddsReef
04/12/2002, 09:10 PM
Tom is a friend and in my opinion a huge asset to the hobby, I certainly would have failed and bailed long ago if it weren't for him. From what I remember from high school gossip is fun if your gossiping and it sucks when your the subject, I prefer to wait for facts, particularly in a public forum.

Todd

kcolagio
04/12/2002, 09:13 PM
*sigh*

Todd, unfortunately, you are correct. I would like to know what happened though as that will dictate my shopping behavior...

I also thought Tom was a great asset. That's probably the biggest reason I'm curious.

Well, either we will or won't hear...I'm hoping to find out though...

BCooksey
04/12/2002, 09:15 PM
Not trying to bash the guy. He has taught me a lot too. I was hoping to get some facts.

saltwaterfishlover
04/12/2002, 09:37 PM
from what I heard thursday or wednesday he and millie were working and she told him to be polite and sociable with the newbie. he mouthed off to her and she said ok its time for you to leave. we're tired of your attitude your fired..... when dan and newbie got back dan said werews tom... millie said I fired him

saltwaterfishlover
04/12/2002, 09:44 PM
Todd you are right about tom. he is an asset(?) to the hobbie and a wealth of information. unfortunately if he is in one of his moods he is very standoffish and turns you away. in a retail enviroment this is not good you will loose customers and get free bad advertising.... as a friend you learn to live with someones attitudes good or bad because of your friendship

Gary Majchrzak
04/12/2002, 11:27 PM
Tom, wherever you are right now - "Good Luck" and get in touch.

ReeferMac
04/13/2002, 08:55 AM
Business and Friendship rarely go together, same with lending friends money....
Based on what Fishlover said... I'd say It was a rag/business decision. Having seen him act kinda dicky towards customer's (myself included), I can see why they made that decision... However talk about calling the kettle black!
Oh well, what can you do. A lesson to be learned in there somewhere (like don't be a dick at work). Where'd you hear that Fishlover?

- Mac