PDA

View Full Version : anyone local make internal overflows?

nebraskareef
03/01/2006, 07:18 PM
Just picked up my 50g 36x18x18 soon to be SPS tank. Looking for a 3-sided internal overflow, 17" high for the center. Anywhere local? I feel like wetdryfilter.com is a rip off. I however, have no idea how much the acrylic will run. That said, is there a plastic place in omaha that even sells acrylic? There is a mom and pop place down here that I went to once, and they didn't carry black or blue acrylic.

I'm at a loss here fellas.

Daniel

Aaron143
03/01/2006, 07:53 PM
I could probably help you out in this dept. or I also know of a good acrylic shop here in Lincoln. Aaron

Aaron143
03/01/2006, 07:56 PM
I think even home depot has Black acrylic maybe even blue, not sure though. The shop Im thinking of here in Lincoln is called H and H Plastic I think. You might have to keep it a secret that its for a fish tank because I know they used to make tanks and now they wont at all due to liability.

nebraskareef
03/01/2006, 08:28 PM
Yea, I went to H&H before, I don't beleive they carry black acrylic. It was a father and son kinda setup. They didn't seem too nice.

are you the aaron that used to hang out @ Liu's?

Aaron143
03/01/2006, 08:30 PM
Liu's??? I have a friend Luu, if thats what you are talking about. I believe Ive seen the black acrylic when I was at Home Depot last time.

nebraskareef
03/01/2006, 08:38 PM
Man, I've been to your house like 3 years ago with Bao, not Bao Cao, but the other Bao. You gave us some mushrooms. lol.

anyway, I'll have a look at home depot. Which one did you see it at?

wormdog99
03/01/2006, 09:17 PM
i have bought quite a bit of acrylic sheeting and tubing from Regal Plastics in papillion. They carry quite a bit of the sheet acrylic. I know they have 1/4" black for sure. I wanna say it was about $70 for the half sheet. Can't remember exactly. Hope that helps.

Matt

Aaron143
03/01/2006, 09:44 PM
Small world. I don't really remember you, but I do remember when you guys came over and got those. Im sure if I saw you i'd remember. Whats your name by the way? I think here in a few months we are going to be setting up a tank for Luu at his house.

tom obrecht
03/01/2006, 10:06 PM
Give Bob at Acrylicon a call. He's put 2 acrylic sumps together for me and I know they could do the job for you. They have always given me a great price on things as well. They are located at about 16th and Ames.

nebraskareef
03/01/2006, 10:51 PM
Matt and Tom, Thanks alot. I shall give them a ring tommorow and see what we are working with.

Now I'm thinking about a calfo style overflow, any suggestions?

Daniel