PDA

View Full Version : Spread the Word - Dr. Mac is Comming....

Jon
04/12/2002, 01:17 PM
Spread the word!!!!!!

We now have a firm date with Dr. Mac.

Monday June 17th, 2002

He will be offering all of his corals at a discount to our members and will hand deliver them that night so there will be no shipping charges.

He will also be bringing coral frags and gift certificates for us to raffle off.

This meeting will be held at the Abington Free Library, visit our web site for details. This place seats up to 75ppl.

More details to follow. I hope everyone will be able to make it and we can turn this into a successful start of a new trend with the club. Thanks,

Jon..............

JRegs
04/12/2002, 01:33 PM
Nice....:D

CherryCat
04/12/2002, 02:54 PM
jon, yer my hero!! when i grow up i wanna be just like you!!

John Nielsen
04/13/2002, 02:58 PM
Wow, sounds great...I'll be sure not to miss this one!

reefguyinpa
04/14/2002, 06:24 AM
Jon,
Great news! I have only one question...Why a Monday? I'm sure there is a logical explaination for this like Dr. Mac's availability. Thanks for all the great work!
JimB

Jon
04/14/2002, 08:49 PM
Jim,

This simple answer is just because. That is, just because I wanted to try the larger and updated forum at the Abington library and they were avaible only on Monday night. They also have a projection screen that we can use for the presentation that Dr. Mac needed. I also rember that Monday's were the only night that everyone agreed was good for them. So hopefully that holds true. BTW, I'm still working out the details on how those who want to can place orders from his site. Since his stock rotates and by June it will be different everyone will have to collect the order together a few weeks ahead of time and then I'll send it in. Details will get up on the web site shortly, i.e. about a week or so. Thanks,

Jon..........

glh7767
04/15/2002, 11:08 PM
i'm liking what i'm seeing here. we've talked about establishing a memorable web site, and we've finally established it. we've talked about getting some well known speakers, and it's finally happening. the club is heading in the right direction. i would still like to see some member tank visitations. it's important to occasionally interact with a reef tank in a reef club. i'll try to make the may meeting (i think i'm in town, i have 2 dive trips that month).

CherryCat
04/16/2002, 04:15 AM
gary, once i am finished floodi, i mean, setting up my basement i'd like to have a small gathering, similar to what we did at rich's. big differences here will be a teeny tiny itty bitty little old house, with a fairly naked tank ...

GeorgeS069
04/16/2002, 11:04 AM
I could probably host a meeting or two here at my place
My tanks aren't exactly spectacular but,maybe I could get some advice on what,if anything,I'm doing wrong.
Sorry I missed the last meeting but,I will definately be at the next ones...espcially with Dr Mac comming!

Anyone need any LS or macro algae?
Just email me or call and let me know when ya wanna pick it up
no charge

Jon
06/10/2002, 01:03 PM
^Bump

Just a reminder that Dr. Mac will be coming next Monday the 17th at the Abington Library.

Hope everyone that can possibly make it will plan to attend. This should be a good one and remember that in addition to his presention on coral prop'ing, Dr. Mac will also be bringing a wide selection of corals to sell at a discount and without shipping costs.

Visit our club's web site for more info, PARC Web Site (http://www.phillyreef.org)

Thanks,

Jon.............