PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Meeting???

Instant Tang
03/01/2006, 11:33 AM
The "Pizza Parlor" idea made me think of something. One reason I do like meeting at people's homes is to see their tanks. It's what we're all about- gives everyone a chance to see the way other people approach our hobby and gives everyone a chance to show off their hard work and tentacled/zoathelled/shelled/finned housemates.

I think it would be fun to have a Progressive type event where we met at one place for a while, enjoyed one tank, then drive to another place, maybe taking in three or four tanks during one meeting. My neighborhood has progressive dinners like this where appetizers and drinks are served at one house, then salads and drinks are served at another, main courses and drinks at another and dessert and drinks at a last destination. Of course these are all within walking distance of each other so it's not a problem as far as the drinking goes. ;) Houses further apart might present a driving time problem for this kind of a meeting for our use though.

It could be kind of fun, I think, to even come up with a "comment/suggestion list" for the tank owner, as a group. Knowledgeable eyes could find problems and suggest rememdies that newer users might not know about or have the ability to see. Compatibilty issues might be spotted for the tank inhabitants. Suggestions for aquascaping, future purchases, equipment reviews....etc. etc.