PDA

View Full Version : OMS membership cards

tom obrecht
02/28/2006, 11:12 AM
Hello All,

I want to bring everyone up to date on the status of the society. To put it simply...WOW...we are growing very quickly! We currently are close to the 80 member mark and we seem to keep adding members at each event we hold.

I want to thank everyone who attended the Anthony Calfo presentation. We had close to 75 people including people from 3 different states. I'd also like to thank our past president Mitch Carl who greatly helped me make this possible!! To say the least this event was a huge success and I look foward to more events like this in the future.

For those of you who couldn't attend or got started with the society that day, we will be getting your membership cards to you in the mail. I hope to get these out yet this week. Please try to keep these cards with you for a couple of reasons. First of all, Paradise Cove Pets in Bellevue and Pet World in Millard have set up discount programs for the society. Discounts do vary for each store so make sure to ask what the discount is before making a purchase. As usual, please support all our local stores for they all support our club!! Second, since the club is growning so quickly I'm having a difficult time getting to know each of you as well as I would like. Faces and names aren't clicking as easily as I'd like, so please make the check in process at upcoming events smoother by having your card available. Thanks in advance! Also to let everyone know how membership are working, we have gone to a year by year membership drive. Everyones membership will expire at the end of 2006 and we will renew everyone's membership through a membership drive in 2007. We will pro-rate the annual membership rate for the remainder of 2006 for any new members. This will save alot of work trying to run people down for renewal at differnt times of the year and hopefully give us a good cash flow at the beginning of each year.

I'm also looking at getting t-shirts made for the society. I already have a good friend who is an artist working on some ideas, but I would like to see if we have anyone in the society who does t-shirt printing. If not I do have friends in this business as well but would like to do business with OMS members if possible.

Last but not least upcoming events.

Tank Tour
Friday March 10th
7:00 PM.
Jim Grayczanowski's 280 gallon reef attached to a 1000 gallon sump lagoon will be on display. Directions to Jim's place will be emailed to members soon. REMEMBER...Tank tours are an OMS member only event. If interested in joining before this event please email me.

Pet World Seminar
Friday March 24th
7:00 PM.
Subject: To be determined

As usual, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

Tom