PDA

View Full Version : Sanjay Joshi Speaking 3/11 at 7pm!

Reefcherie
02/28/2006, 09:02 AM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/4259/8840Joshi_Flyer1.jpg

Don't miss this opportunity to hear this well known and respected speaker! See www.seabay.org for additional information and directions to the Baylands Interpretive Center in Palo Alto.

As always, membership is not required - all are welcome! We'll have refreshments and our usual raffle of donated frags, equipment and gift certificates!

Reefcherie
03/09/2006, 06:04 AM
SEABay has been getting some great donations for the raffle that will be held after Sanjay's presentation!

Refreshments will be provided, as always.

Hope to see you there this Saturday!

RonSF
03/12/2006, 03:12 PM
That was a facinating talk given by Sanjay. I'd read a fair amount of the information before (from his articles published online), but really appreciated the overview and background information on the nuts and bolts of light.

Unfortunately, I didn't seem to leave the building with his web address last night. Can someone share that address? I've tracked down a number of articles, but can't seem to locate the specific website that he referenced last night.

Thanks.

Reefcherie
03/12/2006, 03:18 PM
Sanjay's website is www.reeflightinginfo.arvixe.com

Glad you enjoyed the presentation!

reefkeeper1
03/20/2006, 08:19 PM
I've perused Sanjay's graphs and results many times, but nothing beats a live presentation to clarify things. It was interesting to hear how all the different "K" numbers for bulbs are total B.S. most of the time, the test procedures and equipment that Sanjay uses, and that the area underneath the PAR graphs is the total PAR from a specific light bulb.

Oh yeah, don't wash off a rock previously covered with Palythoa in hot water in your bath tub.

Reefcherie
03/20/2006, 08:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7000929#post7000929 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkeeper1
Oh yeah, don't wash off a rock previously covered with Palythoa in hot water in your bath tub.

Uh oh!! Did you do that? Or was that on Sanjay's site? :eek2:

RonSF
03/21/2006, 01:15 AM
Remember Sanjay's story of the rock that got thrown into the snow in the backyard? The bathtub episode came after the rock spent the winter buried in snow . . . and it was still enough to cause his friend to feel sick and almost pass out. I believe this was the third strike for this particular piece of LR, after it had wiped out two full tanks of fish.

Reefcherie
03/21/2006, 06:29 AM
Yipes! That is pretty scary!