PDA

View Full Version : off topic, but i need some help

hooker18
02/26/2006, 10:52 PM
ok so i am in the air force and going to be moving to the mary esther area in about a month. i have been looking for an appartment that will let me have pets, and i have found a few but am not sure about any of them cause i don't know anything about the area. like most reef keepers i know, i also have other animals, including 2 small dogs. so i am wanting some ideas for appartments in the area (about 45 min morning drive) of hurlburt fld. any input will help a lot, and i hope to talk to ya'll more when i get moved down.

Mr James
02/27/2006, 02:15 PM
Funny thing is that I just moved here also and asked the same questions as you did. If you PM me with your mailing address, I can send you some apartment guides. With 2000 ( and another 3000 later on) new troops heading this way, I would advise you to find something and not be too picky. I know some co-workers have pets and pay a sizeable amount for pet deposits, but they also kive in condo's or homes. Also, a 45 minute drive to Hurlburt in the morning can be used up really quick, meaning that the traffic is horriffic and bound to get worse come summertime, the height of the tourist season. Also do some looking in the internet. The area's you may want to focus on are Navarre, Gulf Breeze, Mary Esther, Fort Walton Beach, Windhaven, Holley. Stay away from Destin ($$$$$) and Crestview is cheap, but may be too far, depending. I live in Crestview and there are a lot of more affordable places to rent there.