PDA

View Full Version : Weird nature BBC

OctoMonkey
04/11/2002, 03:20 PM
Hi All,
i think I may have mentioned that I did some work last year with the BBC for a documentary; I colected peripatis from Trinidad for them.

It was on tonight in the UK and was pretty cool. All that time and money for 1min 30seconds or whatever!

BONUS!!!!!!! They also had cuttlefish on it tonight. Apparantly the force of a cuttlefish's feeding tentacles rushing through water is the same as 25G, or five times what a fighter plane can do.....

Something that was REALLY SILLY is that they had a whole sequence with a cuttlefish hypnotising a crab. Looked daft I think.

oh and apparantly an arrowana can jump 2 meters (6 foot) into the air!!!! hmmmmmmm

C

cephalopoder
04/15/2002, 07:13 PM
Colin Have you ever kept peripatis? Can they be obtained in the animal trade?

OctoMonkey
04/16/2002, 06:53 AM
hi Chris,
I have only kept them for periods of a few weeks or months at most. By that time they are with the person who ordered them. I think the ones used on weird nature went to London zoo, not sure though, i'd need to check??????

Last year we had an enquiry about sending peripatis to the US. We had a trip all lined up but it fell through from the buyers side. HUH always wanted a trip to Florida too! ESPECIALLY, after a week in Trinidad.

This is a website address for a part of the company i used to work for, The guy who runs the site is called Kevin. He may be in a better position now to export or point you in the right direction for Peripatis. If you mention me it might help a bit, he used to get lots of requests and "fall-throughs" with them and the ants. Although we dont work together anymore we are still on talking terms......

http://www.zoostock.co.uk/

In fact the front page now has a peripatis pic on it (em, a crappy pic though! LOL)
C

OctoMonkey
04/16/2002, 06:56 AM
HEH!!!!!! damn it!
Ive been spelling it wrong! PERIPATUS!!!!!!!!!!! (I knew that really!)

(oops) *ashamed*