PDA

View Full Version : Free Sleeper Goby

reefrancher
04/10/2002, 08:53 PM
http://www.reefrancher.com/steve/fishies/sleepergoby150.jpg

Free Sleeper Goby (Valenciennea Strigata) to good home :) This one is right about 3" long. I'll be at the meeting on the 20th if anyone wants me to bring him there.

Info: This burrowing goby is common in sand and rubble areas of reef flats, shallow lagoons, and seaward reefs from the lower surge zone to at least 15 m. It occurs in pairs and is a carnivore and likes to eat brine & mysid shrimp and other meaty treats (a few times/day). The Golden Head Sleeper, Sleeper Gold Head Goby is a low maintenance fish and may act peacefully toward other fish. It doesn't get along with other own species. Able to breed. This fish ideal for a reef tank or refugium, constantly sifts sand and requires a 2 inch sand bed. The Golden Head Sleeper, Sleeper Gold Head Goby is commonly collected from the Indian Ocean. Also known as: Yellowheaded Sleeper, Blueband Goby.

Steve

stevescg
04/10/2002, 09:10 PM
Steve, I'll gladly take him off your hands.

Why are you getting rid of him?

reefrancher
04/10/2002, 10:12 PM
I have a DSB and everyone from Scavdog, Dr Ron, and Jeremy at Coral Reef have finally successfully pounded into my skull that no matter how much I like to watch this fish pick up mouthfuls of sand and sift it though its gills he's not helping my DSB function like it should.

Steve