PDA

View Full Version : Desert Marine Society meeting date suggestions.

AZDesertRat
02/23/2006, 10:24 PM
There was discussion among the Desert Marine Society members at last months meeting and even before that about moving the meetings to a different date, time and location.
One suggestion that I really like was to move meetings to Saturdays and do quarterly meetings opposite the FRAG and PROP group meetings and auctions. I really like this idea and have approached several of the members of both of your groups to get their input on this. So far it is positive from all.
We need more input from you the members of all the groups before making this move. Please post your thoughts here and/or on the other forums for all to see and discuss. I don't want to intrude on anyones dates but do think we can all coexist well together.

A.J.

The next order of business would be laying out a schedule for the next year so everyone is happy. After that we need to decide the focus of DMS and what we want to concentrate on, FRAG has swaps and trades going on and PROP does the auctions. What can DMS as a club, either formal or informal, contribute to both the members and the saltwater hobby as a whole here in the Valley?

AZDesertRat
02/23/2006, 10:26 PM
Another suggestion was maybe we can help sponsor FRAG auctions. Most members felt we would like to remain a west side or maybe centrally located group but once or twice a year is probably OK to move to a different location. Give us some ideas please.

vanmle
02/28/2006, 01:25 AM
I live in the center so I guess it does not matter too much to me. However, why do we really need a club on the West side. Going to a meeting once a month is not too bad in my opinion. The new FRAG location is not as far East as RTP. It is a nice location only about 10-15 minutes longer for most people than 19th Avenue and Peoria.

Besides a meeting for West siders, what other function would it server?