PDA

View Full Version : Best fish store in Clarksville/Hopkinsville

just_in_time
02/23/2006, 04:47 PM
So what is your favorite fish store in this area?
Also which one do you think is the cleanist?
Finally who has the healthiest fish?

ol'salty
02/23/2006, 04:56 PM
NASHVILLE, NASHVILLE and NASHVILLE!

foggy54
02/23/2006, 06:50 PM
For fish Fishy Business in Bowling Green Ky. is also worth the drive.

If you need coral frags, club members are buying, trading, and selling on a regular basis.

just_in_time
02/23/2006, 07:33 PM
I really do like Aquatic Critter. They have a great selection. Any other good stores in Nashville?

ol'salty
02/23/2006, 07:48 PM
Emerald Bay is another good store. Good prices and great staff!

foggy54
02/23/2006, 09:44 PM
It's been said Fins is Franklin is a nice store, but I have not checked it out yet. The Critter is a nice store as is Emerald Bay on highway 70 in Belvue.

APFish
02/24/2006, 07:35 AM
I would add that everyone has their favorite stores due to selection and the like for a salt water tank. I know that the local guys are sometimes lacking in this but there are a couple of stores local that strive to get good stock at competitive prices. It seems that sometimes they are also in a learning curve just like many of us here. I would check out Pet Palace, locally that is my favorite store. I would be careful just like any store and do my own homework as to a "fish's" general health. Most of the actual fish in my tanks have come from local stores that I was able to let sit for a couple of weeks and then go back and make sure that they survived the shipping fever that many don't. By running an hour to look at fish many times you loose in gas what you would save by buying local. Also, I know that if you are looking for a specific species that if you talk with the local stores that many times they will check and see for availability. Further I know that many fave traded with the LFS and have a decent selection of many of the corals that we all have in our tanks.

Rob

loyalty
02/24/2006, 02:00 PM
I agree with rob, pet palace locally is pretty decent.
-but if i'm up for a drive, Fishey Business in Bowling Green gets my business. I'm personally not a big fan of the Critter; a few of their staff can be a bit condecending to "casual" hobbyists IMO

just_in_time
02/24/2006, 08:35 PM
What do you all think of L&L?

loyalty
02/24/2006, 11:15 PM
i wouldn't put something from L&L in my tank if they gave it to me free

knowse
02/25/2006, 10:29 AM
There are 2 nice and really small lfs here in Paducah. Only one is open on Sat. tho.

just_in_time
02/25/2006, 12:54 PM
I agree with you on L&L. I have seen how dirty they can let their tanks get. I have also seen many of their fish rub up against rocks while I was there.