PDA

View Full Version : Congrats local photogs!

Gary Majchrzak
04/10/2002, 11:47 AM
What would you expect from this area- which is a hotbed of photography? Many of our club members are shooting GREAT pics.I just got my new FAMA in the mail,and in a piece called "Surrogate Clownfish Hosts",by Dan Theisen, is a photo of a clown in a frilly mushroom taken by GUY COMSTOCK.Guy has also posted many EXCELLENT shots on RC,including fantastic macros.DAVE PLAYFAIR has a pic in the current catalog put out by "That Fish Place" in Lancaster,PA.Dave has also taken many great pics you can check out on his website and here at RC.TODD WHITMAN has great pics all over the place.I am especially grateful to Todd for helping me with my pics.Many others in the club are handy with a camera as well!{I'm sure I'm leaving someones important photographic contributions out.Please post where your photo's are!} Not only are these guys great photographers,they KNOW how to run the great looking reef systems that they photograph!Cheers! :thumbsup:

ReeferMac
04/10/2002, 12:18 PM
Here Here Gary! It's amazing what some people can do with patience and a digicam!

Might want to look into Watermarking anything you throw out on the web however... I've even had mine stolen before. Some Punk on eBay was selling coral frags for 20 bucks, and had the 'nads to post one of my pics as his frags. Thankfully the fellow I got the frags from was watching (for his own benefit no doubt), and recognized the shots. Took a week and a half of emailing back and forth to get eBay to finally shut his auctions down. Unfortunately there really isn't that much you can do to people either, legally, unless you can show damages from them using your content. So if you want to keep your picture's as your's... be careful about posting them to the web w/o some kind of protection. There are a lot of A-Holes out there.

- Mac

Guy
04/10/2002, 12:18 PM
Blush... :o

I just wanted to mention that I use a KODAK :D

I guess I should get a copy of the mag so I can see my pic :eek2: