PDA

View Full Version : Visiting ATL - Whats the best Saltwater LFS?

rsteagall
02/21/2006, 08:42 PM
Topic pretty much says it all. I'll be visiting ATL this weekend and wanted to know what the best LFS is that ATL has to offer. Anyone have a suggestion?

Also... I'm in the MTRC. With the population of Atlanta... I would think there would be a bigger club. Do they hang somewhere else besides Reef Central?

Thanks

EDIT: I see you have your own website and forum for the most part. I would still like opinions on the best or one of the best LFS's around in the ATL area.

SShindell
02/22/2006, 06:31 AM
Most of us are on TRT - go back to the website and hit TRT forums. We have over 300 people in our club, and host SaltwaterU in a few months - check out that site at www.saltwateru.com

For Stores - go to our website and look at sponsors. The best (in no order)

Fish Store and More
Aquarium Showcase
Marine Fish
Cappaccino Bay

The Georgia Aquarium is worth a visit, but you might have a hard time getting a ticket. If you go, go very early or very late, it gets very crowded on the weekends.

Warm regards,

Steve

rsteagall
02/22/2006, 10:35 AM
I appreciate it Steve. I've also posted over on TRT. I'll try to do my reasearch on the one' syou mentioned. I won't have time to visit them all... but maybe 1-2. I hate to pinpoint you down like this, but If you had one you would suggest as a "must visit" which 1-2 would it be?

SShindell
02/22/2006, 12:07 PM
It depends on where in the city you are going to be. Feel free to e-mail me at SShindell@aol.com

Steve

knowse
02/22/2006, 08:54 PM
rsteagall,
If you go on the day your leaving ATL, you could hit Capp Bay and then scoot over to Canton and hit Imagine Ocean (which is my fav. btw) then just follow hwy 20 over to I-75 and head home.