PDA

View Full Version : Lights are on the way

okinawafish
02/21/2006, 08:25 AM
Question: I ordered a metal-halide/VHO setup from Premium Aquatics because I have heard good things about them. I was wondering if anyone else has ordered lights from them and if so did they arrive in one piece? I'm not so much worried about the lights as I am the bulbs (48 inches!). Any input would be great! Thanks

Josh

vest0830
02/24/2006, 07:28 PM
glad you bit the bullet and bought some lights. keep us updated on how they arrive.

jasalmanza
02/27/2006, 03:07 AM
It's been almost a month since I ordered my lights, josh you know the agony...

anyhow, I just wanted to let you know shipitAPO.com has them!!!!!! They've been keeping them in their "problem package" area the whole time...F@CK3R$!!!!! Seems they are too big (BS). So, now I have to come out of pocket again to send them to my parents, who will send them to me. Plus pay a $45.00 fee since it is "undeliverable."

MORAL: I know I praised shipitAPO in another thread, but now I would like to formally retract my statement. It is worth the extra effort to find a reputable shipper who will ship to an APO.

Thanks guys, had to tell someone!!

Jason

BTW- got some ricodia mushrooms yesterday...fragged 'em. If the experament is a success would anyone like one?

okinawafish
02/27/2006, 07:55 AM
Once I get them and have them set up anyone who wants to check them out is more than welcome. If they arrive in one piece I should get them set up this week (knock on wood).

vest0830
03/04/2006, 06:53 PM
I will take a frag!

jasalmanza
03/05/2006, 06:46 PM
Okay, just let me know when you want to pick them up, I think they are ready!

Jason

-anyone else?

okinawafish
03/06/2006, 08:18 AM
I would take one if I had water in my tank.

okinawafish
03/07/2006, 06:02 AM
Well I lucked out and got my lights today. They were in one piece and all the bulbs worked. I had to use the suspension cables cause my tank is too narrow, but it turned out better than I could have hoped! Anyone who wants to check out these lights please feel free. If you are on the bubble about whether or not to buy metal halides you might want to take a look. I have 2x150W 10,000K halides and 2x130W Dual Actinics, plus 8 moonlights.

jasalmanza
03/09/2006, 06:30 PM
My lights finally left San Jose yesterday!!! according to the shipping manifest they are still in one piece...we'll see!. Ricordia frags are ready if anyone still wants one. I have one piece with two, and a single. Let me know!!

Jason

vest0830
03/18/2006, 09:10 AM
How much do you want for one? I might finally have a few hours to myself tommorow, so I can swing by possibly.

jasalmanza
03/19/2006, 06:28 PM
I only have one piece left, but it's a nice one. It's one of the purple ones I quartered. It still has a bit of healing to do. It's about 3/4 of the way healed. You can have it for free if you want! Let me know.

Jason