PDA

View Full Version : Feb Meeting Deliverables - ChuckSD

CHUCKSD
02/20/2006, 12:04 PM
Hi all,
I enjoyed the meeting very much and found it to be very informative. It was also good to put names (or in this case login ID) to a face.
I wanted to provide the info mentioned (or requested) by me in the meeting..

1. Ref: Water testing equipment.
. Calibration fluid
. Meters
. pumps, controllers etc....
The company is called SVEN (Sioux Valley Environmental)
www.svenviro.com
1-800-658-3955
or local SF 336-3610
Address 720 E. Benson RD
My contacts name is JR.

Not sure how useful they (SVEN) are to reefers in general but I found the cost of calibration fluid to be very inexpensive.

2. Ref: Water parameter testing facility.
Oscar E. Olson Biochemistry Labs
SDSU
ASC 133, Box 2170
Brookings, SD 57007
Phone 605-688-4910
Address samples to Nancy Thiex
Nancy.Thiex@sdstate.edu

Web - http://wri.sdstate.edu
(see attached file for package analysis choices)
The primary contact I spoke with is Dave German (sp?)

I also found a contact with a lab in Omaha who can run Iodine test for salt.
Sue Ann Seitz 402-829-9892

tangdiver
02/20/2006, 01:39 PM
Great job, I think even better than my expensive toy...keep the info coming...would be great to have a thread after the meeting for websites, info or stuff like this...

Thinking outside the aquarium...hahaha

Lunchbucket
02/20/2006, 04:15 PM
Chuck - thanks for the contacts. that calibration fluid might be nice to pick up

:lol: Nancy Theix (the water testing lady) I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH HER SON he was in my graduation class :D i'm sure i could work something out hopefully :D

i'll try to email her tonight when i get a chance. maybe we can hook up some sort of "reefing special"

Lunchbucket

CHUCKSD
02/21/2006, 11:57 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6785925#post6785925 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lunchbucket
Chuck - thanks for the contacts. that calibration fluid might be nice to pick up

:lol: Nancy Theix (the water testing lady) I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH HER SON he was in my graduation class :D i'm sure i could work something out hopefully :D

i'll try to email her tonight when i get a chance. maybe we can hook up some sort of "reefing special"

Lunchbucket

Small world huh?
If you do speak with her ask her if they ever retire equipment (tech refresh) with any frequency and if so what do they do with the old equipment. I was thinking we may be able to get our hands on some excellent equipment that is outdated for lab usage (outside of our needs) but would be great for us.
Could be something the association owns/shares with group members.
Just thinking...
:)

Lunchbucket
02/21/2006, 09:04 PM
i used to work on campus in General Services. we picked up all the old lab outdated lab equipment for a surplus sale. it was ALL junk. they only threw out terrible stuff

Lunchbucket