PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Reef Mania.net skimmer

Lunchbucket
02/19/2006, 06:32 PM
Reef Mania skimmer page (http://www.reefmania.net/products-skimmers.php)

this is the PS6 which says it is a 100gallon capacity...i think this is pretty conservative. i would say 150+ anywhere in the 50-150 range this would be an awesome skimmer. or if you aren't into agresively skimming it could run on a bigger tank.

Features
Recirculating Style
Sedra 5000 Pump with needle wheel
3/8" thick keyholed flanges
O-rings for leak proof connections
Easy to adjust from Wet to Dry skimming
True union connection for zero clearance removal of collection cup
Ozone compatible (just inject directly into venturi on pumps)
Easy cleaning
1/2" or 3/4" inlets
1 1/4" outlet (i have mine narrowed to a 1" to fit in a smaller area)

retail new for $440. actually mine was customized to fit in the smallest area possible as i ran it in a 10gal sump on my 58gal reef tank. iso the inlet, outlet, and pump have been put as close possible on one side to fit in a smaller area. t has worked great. Travis even ran it on his 280gallon w/ another similar sized skimmer while he was waiting for his Bubble King skimmer. it pulled some nice stuff on his tank. it pulls decent on my tank but i believe this is due to my low bioload (my nutrients are very low. feed every other day, bi weekly water changes, and po4 levels of 0.03ppm)

i would like to offer it up for club people first! i am getting rid of this skimmer to try something else. i'm an equipment freak and want to compare two companies skimmers (i have one of them now) just need to sell this one to front the $$ for the new on.

all the outlet piping is NOT glued as it was in my sump. the new buyer can glue however fits yoru needs.

skimmer has a brand new (used 1 wk to break in) needle wheel impeller. i will include the old one incase it breaks when cleaning.

i also have a wet neck made for it. i will include this for $50 extra. wet necks are quite nice on skimmers but i ran out of room for a pump to run the wet neck (search RC if you don't know about wet necks). i'm sure you could sell the wetneck for 50 easy.

i'm asking $300 for the skimmer, recirculation pump (sedra 5000), the 1" drain w/ gate valve for easy adjustment, maxijet 900 feed pump. this is EVERYTHING you need to run this skimmer....ok except a tank to run it on and electricity :D

i also have a sedra 3500 that i tested on this body for a while. it was too small IMO. i have the pump and will sell it for 50bucks if you would like to have Bob from Reefmania.net or if you want to do it yourself you could add this other pump on it. or have it for back up incase the 5000goes down

these pics were taken after 4-6hrs AFTER cleaning the skimmer. this is why there isn't much in the collection cup. skimmers take a while to pull hard after cleaning (1day or so)

skimmer pic
http://www.lunchbucket.org/images/RMskimmer1.JPG

inlet (maxijet 900) and pump plumbing
http://www.lunchbucket.org/images/RMskimmer2.JPG

i know Grant wanted me a pic of under my stand. well here it is :D Reef Mania.net skimmer and Reef Mania.net calcium reactor. on the stand doors are tunze controllers for my two Tunze pumps
http://www.lunchbucket.org/images/under_stand.JPG

i can bring it to Sioux Falls on Saturday when i will be going through to the Omaha tour and Anthony Calfo speech

later
Lunchbucket

tangdiver
02/19/2006, 07:50 PM
Can I squeeze an orange into the area below the tank? Will it fit...

Lunchbucket
02/19/2006, 08:49 PM
I forgot to say the dimensions...it will fit in a 9x13 inch area and it is 26 inches tall but could fit 25 with a simple modification.

Lunchbucket

kau_cinta_ku
02/19/2006, 09:40 PM
dang where were you 2 weeks ago when i was looking for a skimmer. that would have worked great for my needs however i just receved my ASM G2 skimmer. good luck with the sell it is a very nice skimmer

Lunchbucket
02/19/2006, 10:31 PM
is it hooked up?? send it back :D

sorry buddy. should have asked...i would have sold it to you. better skimmer for just a small amount more money.

send it back :D bigger pump on this bad boy :D think about it. i might know someone that might want that G2 (no not me) :D

Lunchbucket

Lunchbucket
02/21/2006, 08:51 PM
anyone?? i just posted it in the main selling forum on RC...so if you want it let me know quick!

Lunchbucket

Lunchbucket
02/23/2006, 09:26 PM
Sold to clarktod...delivering Saturday.

Thanks Clarktod

Lunchbucket

kau_cinta_ku
02/24/2006, 08:22 AM
sorry so late of a reply but was tring to get the wife to let me get it however she said until i get everything else i need for the tank i can't upgrade stuff until it is running. but glad you found a buyer however if i read more carefully i would have taken the sedra pump. well thats my fault for not reading all the way through:p oh well i think a sedra 5000 would work better for my needs anyhow.
however keep us updated when more things for sale i am still looking for some items:D

Lunchbucket
02/24/2006, 09:19 AM
kau - no problem. i'm just glad a club member took it. no shipping plus i like getting you guys nice stuff :D

kau what you lookin for yet?

later
Lunchbucket

kau_cinta_ku
02/24/2006, 10:35 AM
still looking for a return pump something along the lines of a mag 9.5 or something that will push around the same amount of water. and also a good closed loop pump (external) something aound the flow of a dart or 3000 - 3500 gph. and ballast an icecap 660 and 430 then i should have everything minus some plumping parts and my overflow box that MRC is making for me.