PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic

Reef_Dweller_69
02/19/2006, 12:23 AM
I just got my books for school which starts Mar 6. Wow 16 books and 7 have to go with me the first day of class. Even have homework due on the first day of class.

zooqi
02/19/2006, 12:41 AM
woow,, between, all the books, kids, new baby, fish tank hope you show up here to let us know how you doing. It sounds like you will be busy.

Reef_Dweller_69
02/19/2006, 12:51 AM
Yes I will be school is from 7:45 to 3:15 M to F. Guess I have my work cut out for me. At least the major things are done with the tank so all I have to do hopefully is maintain it and pray nothing crashes on me. Now the kids are a different story :D. They need constant attention, but they will be busy with their schooling too so that really just leaves the 2 babies, Ilyaas and MaiSarah. By the way we didn't get to the store to get her your gift yet. tried to go Friday but she didn't like it outside and we had to turn back, But we did get her a stroller. We will try to get out again sometime this week on a nice sort of warm day not to cold.

zooqi
02/19/2006, 12:11 PM
Was Ilyaas Nabi or Messanger ? Son of Mudar ? Please correct if I'm wrong :)..
You are going to a nursing school with all those books ? I know I'm not smart enough :). Wish you good luck and hope this does not keep you away from maintaining your tank.

Reef_Dweller_69
02/19/2006, 12:52 PM
Ilyaas was one of the Prophet and Messenger. He is only mentioned I believe four times (37:123,127,130;6:25 ). He is also a descendent of Harun. I am not sure exactly who his father is. You can check this link out.

http://www.help-for-the-convert.net/the_prophet's.htm#Ilyas

http://www.help-for-the-convert.net/the_prophet's.htm#Ilyas

zooqi
02/19/2006, 03:10 PM
So he is Rasul and Nabi. Every Nabi is Rasul but not every Rasul is a Nabi. Ilyas is the son of Nabi Sulaiman (King Solomon) the son of Nabi Dawood (king David). Ilyas was not given kingdom.

Reef_Dweller_69
02/19/2006, 08:28 PM
Ok let me see if I understand correctly..
Nabi=Prophet ?

Where did you find this info at? I have been trying to find more info on Ilyaas. Then again I don't read arabic that well except for Qur'aan. I guess the most info is in arabic.

zooqi
02/19/2006, 10:39 PM
Nabi is Prophet and Rasoul is Messenger from the word Risalah which means (Letter or Message and I have the movie Messanger (Anthony Quinn) that you can borrow and is in English. I do know the info and I'm sure if you check the net you will find some info. Will see what I can find for you and will send you the link.