PDA

View Full Version : macro link

spoon25
02/16/2006, 09:06 PM
i like all the different types of macr, actually if i could i would like to all sorts of different kinds....i have caulerpa bikinensis/caulerpa raceimosa/and halimeda taenicola...check this link out....

http://www.com.univ-mrs.fr/IRD/atollpol/ecorecat/ukalgesp.htm
algae

spoon25
02/16/2006, 09:09 PM
anyone one up for trade or sale or whatever...need some cool lookin macro..preferably the amansia and amphiroa types for color

zooqi
02/17/2006, 01:55 AM
Macro can be used for view or for nutrition export. Some macro's don't go well together as others that are fast growers might take over and cause the slow growers to disapears. I keep the one that grows fast and in case if any pieces of it leaked to my system some fish can eat. There are some macroalgae that fish don't eat and if you get any of them in your main system you will have hard time getting it out.

Reef_Dweller_69
02/17/2006, 11:33 AM
I prefer the chaeto myself. I have seen how it works in my own tank as long as you keep it tumbling. If you have it in your main tank it looks good as well as doing its job (removing nutrients). I am like Mo, just keep the one altough I don't know which one Mo uses.

What type of macro you using Mo?

zooqi
02/17/2006, 02:31 PM
I use chaetomorpha algae (Emerald crabs eat them) and Mini Grape (Caulerpa) but I do have some other types in different systems too. I rather use Caulerpa.

I do have few other algae in my systems around the town too. Look in here
check here for the tank with algae and there are three different types in there.
there (http://reefnest.com/diy/nanotank/index.html)

spoon25
02/17/2006, 02:40 PM
kids look like there havin a blast settin that nano up....good job...

Reef_Dweller_69
02/17/2006, 06:39 PM
Ok, in the first tank is 2 types (I think)caulerpa (Prolifera or Paspaloides) and Mini Grape. The third tank looks like Graciliaria or Red kelp or something similar. Ok how wrong am I?

Reef_Dweller_69
02/17/2006, 10:42 PM
Correction it's not grape caulerpa, but Red grape, Dictyota.