PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on Nikon Coolpix 995

eddiem
04/08/2002, 05:13 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know about the awesome deal I got on my new camera. I know a few of you already have this camera and it seems to be the top choice amongst other reefers here at Reef Central.

Well anyway, Best Buy just dropped the price on them. I bought one on Saturday for $479 at the Nashua, NH store. Apparently Nikon is getting ready to introduce a new model lineup which will replace the 775, 885, and 995. The sales rep. I talked to said that not all the stores had the new price yet, but will eventually (until all models are sold out).

I figured this deal was to good to pass by. I had been pricing them for a while and went to the store thinking I was going to settle for the 775 because I didn't want to spend at least $550 (on-line or $600 normal retail). I know you could probably find this camera for ~$410 at some on-line retailers but, if you want a us model with a valid warranty (and no pushy salesman with overpriced shipping)... then watch out for those low priced on-line retailers.

~Eddie:D

Pinkskunk
04/09/2002, 06:09 AM
Thanks for letting us know. That is a great price. Better even if you dont pay sale tax :)

I was gonna get one but the boss put a freeze on my spending. I dont imagine the price will go up as new products are coming out. The price will continue to drop.......... when the boss lift the band on spending, i will go get one.

jimbos
04/10/2002, 07:20 PM
Sweet Deal!!!!

I just picked one up as well. Now I have to take some pictures and post them!!

Awesome camera.......

NHreefer
04/11/2002, 01:51 PM
Jimbos did you get it at Nashua also? I just called and spoke to the manager and she said the price went back up to $549 and their was no way she could give it to me for the $479. She also said only 3 stores in N.E. had that price and for only a few days. Bizarre, oh well, they have a Sony trv-740 camcorder that takes still @ 1152x864 and It will do mpegs straight to memory stick, 85 mins. on a 128meg stick not bad, instant web videos. I will try to grab one tonight or this weekend and start playin around with it. I am also gonna order a Ikelight housing and I will be able to show people the junior tropicals I pick up in R.I. in august thru oct.
Got stills, but seeing a small butterfly swim through green grass is pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the 20th meeting, lets continue the fun. Seeya Chris

eddiem
04/11/2002, 03:25 PM
I just called and spoke to the manager and she said the price went back up to $549 and ther was no way she could give it to me for the $479. She also said only 3 stores in N.E. had that price and for only a few days.

That is really strange. Did she say which stores?..when I bought mine she said only a few had that price but all would eventually. Good luck with the Sony.

~Eddie

jimbos
04/11/2002, 07:45 PM
Hey Chris

No I got mine Mail-Order. Great prices!

Do you dive in RI during those months? I also take stills and wouldn't mind diving down there to get a few pics. LEt me know maybe we can hook up for a dive or two!! Always diving Rockport area for bugs...

NHreefer
04/12/2002, 11:01 AM
Sounds good to me, I have done alot of diving in rockport, foley, cathdral rocks, love to collect bug. I dive almost every weekend in Jamestown or Newport, so that sounds good to me. I will probably start diving down there in a month or two, gotta get my equip. serviced. Just shoot me an e-mail when you wanna go.
Later Chris

hartman
04/12/2002, 12:41 PM
Get it here for only $469.00

http://www.regencycamera.com/nikcool995di.html

I got a CoolPix 5000 from them great onlinestore.

Hartman

eddiem
04/12/2002, 05:28 PM
I have hear a lot of bad things about Regency Camera...primarily with grey market products and overpriced shipping.

How was your service?..did you get a USA model?

hartman
04/12/2002, 07:07 PM
eddiem,

Well I ordered it, came in a week $829, all docs in english, warrenty card, box in english. Sure shipping was $89.00 but it was $250 cheaper than anywhere else. Camera works fine and I used Amex so I'm protected.

How would you tell it is grey?

Hartman

hartman
04/12/2002, 07:21 PM
eddiem,

I called nikon directly and they confirmed my camera is indeed a Japanese camera. But I have a warranty card in english with a 1 year USA warranty which Nikon says is a valid US warranty.

Hartman

eddiem
04/12/2002, 09:03 PM
Well I ordered it, came in a week $829, all docs in english, warrenty card, box in english. That sounds like a lot. Did it include the charger and battery also?...The US models do, I was just curious if the gray market models do.
Anyway, Good luck with it...I'm still trying to figure all those menus out.

By the way http://www.17photo.com/ has them for $515 (us model with affordable shipping). I've heard lots of good things about these guys. Next time you go shopping for a new electronic toy online...check out www.resellerratings.com

Good luck with the new camera.

hartman
04/12/2002, 09:07 PM
eddiem,

It came with everything, battery, charger, 32MB. I up'ed the memory to 128MB.

Hartman

hartman
04/12/2002, 09:31 PM
I did a little reasearch and they are not well liked, So i would suggeset going somewhere else. Than said other than the grey market which kinda ****es me off I not to worried.

1) It is a Nikon who makes great cameras
2) I got it for cheap
3) Used Amex so I have some additional protection
4) camera works fine
5) Service was fine, little coarse on the phone but no real problems. I did by mistake order 2 5000s and they called to make sure and I said only 1 and they fixed the error.

hartman