PDA

View Full Version : Toledo LFS??

bman2221
02/13/2006, 11:57 PM
I am from Defiance, but will be in Toledo several times in the next few weeks. I was wondering if their are any LFS around the area that are worth going to. Thanks ahead of time for our help.
-Brian

jenghes
02/14/2006, 07:03 AM
pm sent, I am giving you my opinions with the list.

Aquatic Aquaman
02/14/2006, 08:58 AM
Jen are you going to email me that list of fish stores ever so I can post them on our website. Corey said he was debating weither to come or not since the website hasn't been updated in a while and I'm still waiting on information to update it with. Can you please send it to me so we can show that our website is active? We have been getting a bunch of unique hits on it lately.

Thanks.

jenghes
02/14/2006, 09:14 AM
I think that we need permission from the LFS's to post or link them. My list has my opinions on it as well. I really don't want them published on our website.

I talked to Gary - and you got that permission. I will talk to the Fish Doc's in Trenton and A2 as well.

Anyone that goes to the others in the area.... Coral Reef, Tropical Reef and Ocean Treasures and maybe Tropicorium - Can you ask them if we can list them and link their website, if they have one?

Jen

Aquatic Aquaman
02/14/2006, 01:04 PM
You actually want permission!?! If they have a website you should ask them if they can list about us as well.

jenghes
02/14/2006, 01:31 PM
I did not think about that. Perhaps we should ask them.

Aquatic Aquaman
02/14/2006, 04:42 PM
I think that we should. Doug and I will talk to tropicorium to see if we can put them up on our website and ask them if they can do the same for us.

AnnArborBuck
02/14/2006, 11:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6737775#post6737775 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
I think that we need permission from the LFS's to post or link them.

Nope, we are allowed to mention them all we want legally thanks to the first amendment. I don't know if I would post opinions because some of the owners might not like what they see and won't work with us.

Aquatic Aquaman
02/15/2006, 08:53 AM
Well I never was going to post opinions I just wanted to post store information websites ect.

jenghes
02/15/2006, 10:39 AM
OK - I'll send you what I have.

Aquatic Aquaman
02/15/2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks Jen.

Aquatic Aquaman
02/15/2006, 12:30 PM
I've updated the website a little bit I hope to do more later on this week.

jenghes
02/15/2006, 12:50 PM
I see that we have some officers? Did we vote at the last meeting?

bman2221
02/15/2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the list. I looked over all of them and got some directions on how to get to some of them. I also am glad you gave your oppinion on them, because the things you were saying both good and bad are what I was really wanting to know. Again thanks for the info.
-Brian

jenghes
02/15/2006, 01:45 PM
You are welcome - enjoy!

Aquatic Aquaman
02/15/2006, 01:50 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6747004#post6747004 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
I see that we have some officers? Did we vote at the last meeting?

We did not vote (because one we have no formal by-laws that state this and two we don't have many people showing up to the meetings) but I did put in some temporary officers until we can hold a quorum. These are acting officers. Since I seem to be doing most of the planning and incase people wanted to a contact about club information I put myself in for president, and since Andrea took meeting minutes at the last meeting and shes writing them up in a good formate so I can place them on the website and email them out to everyone I put her temporary in as secretary. We have no funds so we have no treasurer. Currently all the funds are coming out of my wallet. So I guess I can put treasurer as My wallet. If someone wants to step up and take VP I'm more then willing to share my burden, and if someone wants to step up and take the PR position I'm more then willing to accept them and place there name in that field. We just need some people to act in these posistion to get the club rolling and I'm looking for volunteers which was discussed at the last meeting to fill these posistions to get established and to get people to show up at our meetings and get things rolling.

jeepin1080
02/16/2006, 08:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6737775#post6737775 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
I think that we need permission from the LFS's to post or link them. My list has my opinions on it as well. I really don't want them published on our website.

I talked to Gary - and you got that permission. I will talk to the Fish Doc's in Trenton and A2 as well.

Anyone that goes to the others in the area.... Coral Reef, Tropical Reef and Ocean Treasures and maybe Tropicorium - Can you ask them if we can list them and link their website, if they have one?

Jen

Fish Doctors have three locations...I've only been to the one in Ypsi. Are the ones in Canton and Trenton any good?

jenghes
02/16/2006, 08:50 PM
Never been to Trenton - But I like Wynn a lot (he used to be in Ypsi). Canton was OK, I like Ypsi better JMO though.

jeepin1080
02/16/2006, 08:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6759185#post6759185 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
Never been to Trenton - But I like Wynn a lot (he used to be in Ypsi). Canton was OK, I like Ypsi better JMO though.

How is the coral selection between the two stores normally?

jenghes
02/16/2006, 09:12 PM
I have only been to Canton once about two years ago. I couldn't say.

OneThunder
02/20/2006, 08:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6736289#post6736289 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bman2221
I am from Defiance, but will be in Toledo several times in the next few weeks. I was wondering if their are any LFS around the area that are worth going to. Thanks ahead of time for our help.
-Brian

ME TOO :)

jenghes
02/21/2006, 09:21 AM
PM sent

newsalt1
02/21/2006, 05:40 PM
Do you folks have posters in the LFS's about the club? Meeting information and contact info? being as you are a new venture and seem to have a good relationship with the stores in your area maybe posters and a schueduled meeting place ie., the zoo on the third tuesday of every month at 7:00 pm would help increase your exposure and interest some folks.
Sorry if I am out of line, just trying to help.

Ron

Aquatic Aquaman
02/22/2006, 10:09 AM
You not out of line we are currently working on that. Most places aren't taking us seriously until we become incorporated as an offical non profit organization. Once we get established I don't think that would become much of a problem in the future and we will market ourselves a little more. I'm always open to advice I want to get this rolling as quickly and as smoothly as possible. Right now our only marketing is Reef Central and word of mouth.

KingDiamond
02/22/2006, 10:19 AM
For what it is worth, if you would like to meet at the zoo I could arrange a tour in the aquarium but Tuesdays are terrible for me. Just thought I would throw that out there!

Brad

Aquatic Aquaman
02/22/2006, 10:47 AM
We would love to do that! What affiliation are you with the Toledo Zoo? At our last meeting we were discussing ways to get involved with the Toledo Zoo Aquarium and seeing a behind the scene tour of the aquarium.

KingDiamond
02/22/2006, 11:49 AM
I am the main inverebrate keeper at the Toledo Zoo. Maybe I could meet with you group sometime. I don't have a tank at home right now but I get my fill of reef aquariums at work. Let me know when you are meeting next.

Brad

Aquatic Aquaman
02/22/2006, 12:08 PM
Thats excellent Brad I would be very excited if you would attend our next meeting. If you're not already on our Newsletter please send me out an email at webadmin@TracCentral.org and I'll be sure to include you on our next email blast which will be happening here shortly.

newsalt1
02/22/2006, 08:40 PM
We meet CSEA at the Cleveland zoo, and generaly have one or two meetings a year in the Aquarium there. In fact we held our Christmas party there and got to feed the shark tank. WOO HOO!
We meet in one of the zoos community rooms on the third Friday of every month. The exception is this month we will meet this Friday and Eric Borneman (sp) is the guest speaker. Come on down and join us it will be an awsome talk Eric is a fellow hobbiest, researcher, and author of the book
Aquarium Corals - Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History.
We would love to have you guys and gals come.

Ron

Aquatic Aquaman
02/23/2006, 10:27 AM
Ron are you a member of CSEA?

jenghes
02/23/2006, 03:32 PM
Friday, as in tomorrow? What time?

Jen

jeepin1080
02/23/2006, 05:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6759185#post6759185 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes

By the way...the store in Trenton is NOT worth the drive.

newsalt1
02/23/2006, 06:12 PM
Yes I belong to Csea.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6809922#post6809922 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
Friday, as in tomorrow? What time?

Jen starts at 7:30 pm meet an greet at 7:00 raffle following Erics presentation.

Aquatic Aquaman
02/24/2006, 07:34 AM
Newsalt. I contacted your club through their website and nobody bothered to return my email. Whats the deal! ;-)

Caryliss
02/24/2006, 07:53 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6815052#post6815052 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquatic Aquaman
Newsalt. I contacted your club through their website and nobody bothered to return my email. Whats the deal! ;-)

When did you email? The email address on the website should go to the webmaster but since the site was recently revamped it is possible that something isn't working properly. Feel free to PM me. Questions posted to our forum here on RC are likely to be seen by multiple club officers and get a faster response.

Carole
C-SEA secretary

jenghes
02/24/2006, 08:47 AM
Darn - unfortunately it is short notice. I can't make it tonight. The hubby is working late. If I had more notice, I could have planned for it :(

Perhaps next time.

KingDiamond
03/01/2006, 11:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6800635#post6800635 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquatic Aquaman
Thats excellent Brad I would be very excited if you would attend our next meeting. If you're not already on our Newsletter please send me out an email at webadmin@TracCentral.org and I'll be sure to include you on our next email blast which will be happening here shortly.
I sent you my e-mail address just checking if you recieved it Aquatic Aquaman?

Brad

Aquatic Aquaman
03/03/2006, 11:58 AM
Yes I recieved It you should of recieved an email from me today cancelling this months meeting.

KingDiamond
03/03/2006, 12:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6871885#post6871885 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquatic Aquaman
Yes I recieved It you should of recieved an email from me today cancelling this months meeting.

Thanks I recieved it. I was having problems with my e-mail but its working now.

Brad

Aquatic Aquaman
03/03/2006, 01:29 PM
Sorry that your profession was revealed and that so much controversy was caused by it. I hope you can make it to our next meeting Brad! I would really like to arrange something to happen for the Toledo Zoo Aquarium.

bigbenji
03/03/2006, 09:49 PM
my fault, sorry

Aquatic Aquaman
03/04/2006, 08:09 AM
Shame on you Ben! ;)

bigbenji
03/05/2006, 04:44 PM
I know, I should be slapped.