PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a opinion on JBJ chillers?

CoralConnection
02/13/2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks for any personal input.

myakkareef
02/13/2006, 05:04 PM
I have never had one, I do have a Pacific Coast Imports that has been flawless to date...It is the 1/6th hp and has a built in controller for external heater which is a nice option...

jerrymlr1
02/13/2006, 06:24 PM
I had the 1/3 hp and it worked great.

Hvy_Dty
02/13/2006, 06:54 PM
I just purchased the 1/4 HP version a little over a month ago and love it. It holds the temperature well (within 1 degree) and isn't horribly loud. You get a little rumble when it turns on, but nothing like I expected. It also has a bright LCD for temp. reading and will remember the preset temperature if the power goes out.

sandman12
02/13/2006, 09:07 PM
Personally I don't think you can go wrong with any brand chiller. I use a custome sealife, it's pretty old and still kicking.

robthorn
02/17/2006, 02:29 PM
sandman I won't mention the brands because it's hard to remember good and bad but there are some bad ones. china is were most come from I think. custom sea life used to be good haven't seen any new ones so not sure. and aqualogic makes a good solid chiller. there are other good ones and some really generic with a small evaporator installed and high power consumption. alot of the fan motors go prematurely on small foreign brand refrigeration units. made in american motors are still far superior in my personal experience. german could be an exception of course but a chiller is not likely to have a german motor unless it's a german chiller

UFreefer
02/22/2006, 10:52 PM
i love my jbj 1/10hp, it's quiet and runs cool

Real Reefs
02/23/2006, 12:13 AM
My JBJ 1/2 HP has been great. I also had some doubts given the origin of manufacture but several folks at RC indicated that they had great service from their units. Hope this helps.