PDA

View Full Version : Aqua-C Remora

BankerJohn
02/11/2006, 11:35 AM
I bought a used Aqua-C remora with a MJ1200 and skimmer cup. I had been using a CPR BakPak on loan from GatorOlsen (Thanks Keri). Wow, what a difference!

The Aqua-C is MUCH MUCH MUCH quieter compared to the BakPak with MJ1200. The CPR has the venturi and air intake in the water intake maiking the CPR very noisy compared to the Aqua-C

The venturi attachment on the pump intake on the BakPak seemed to always have salt creep building up in the air tubing causing constant adjusting and cleaning. The Aqua-C has the air injection system after the pump which means the Aqua-C has more water flow and therefore, skims more tank volume per hour.

The CPR uses clear acrylic and Aqua-C uses smoke acrylic for the houing of the Skimmer. The dark smoke acrylic is preferable, IMO. The clear acrylic of the CPR means natural light will cause algae/diatom algae to build over time and is aesthetic displeasing.

I have not had the Aqua-C running but 12 hours so I cannot comment on the efficiency. Perhaps others that have had both can comment on the differences in efficiency between the 2. My feeling is that the Aqua-C will be more efficient because of the higher flow and water turn-over as a result of the venturi post pump intake.