PDA

View Full Version : RD 69 did not clock in today..

zooqi
02/10/2006, 11:50 PM
he must be working on his aquarium ?

Reef_Dweller_69
02/11/2006, 12:05 AM
Haha, you got it Mo. Also had to do the shopping by myself today. As far as the tank been workin gon it too. I finally recieved my second MH set yesterday put them together and made a real simple make shift DIY light stand with scrap wood from around the house ( apt really). The stand is 17" s tall making the bottom of the reflectors 12"s above the tank, do you guy's think that will be fine? I have 17 gals of saltwater in it now circulating. Will ad 35 gals tomorrow of water from 35 aswell as the 30 lb's of live sand and 40 lb of rock. Wife let me gave me a few dollars from her refund woohoo. don't know weather to get 20lbs of haiti rock (86.80 shipped overnight) from DR F&S or sand. If I get the rock and it being shipped over night I can put it in right away with out to much of a big cycle right? Please give some suggestions. :D

zooqi
02/11/2006, 12:18 AM
You need cycling before you add the rock. How those lights look like ?

Reef_Dweller_69
02/11/2006, 01:12 AM
They are sweet although the reflectors are different. One is a MH Parabolic Reflector Set w/ Mogul Base from hello lights and the other looks like a diy parabolic, but they both look very good. Have to work on a better canopy later. This one is completely open, humm guess I don't have to worry about heat huh. I think I like the blueline e ballast better than the electric aro. The blueline fires up almost immediately where as the aro take a min or two fire up. Can't wait till next month for the vho's. I have seen a few tanks with the 10k halides and the vho's and I love how they look. My wife likes the 14ks better, but with the 10k and vho can do the dusk,dwan, and midday light cycle. Until till then I just want to speed up the cycle but patients must be had in this hobby. My last cycle was like 3 or 4 weeks, wouldlike this one to be 2 weeks :D

zooqi
02/11/2006, 10:00 AM
sweet... did you hear from Ron is he is coming tomorrow down ?

Reef_Dweller_69
02/11/2006, 08:56 PM
No, I haven't heard from him. My comp has been down all day just got it working again. Very frustrating day it was.