PDA

View Full Version : wtb this coral

dzhuo
02/10/2006, 10:33 PM
does anyone has this coral for sell:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c154/chip721/100_3005.jpg

i have a nano and i am looking for a frag of it.

thanks!

crazzyreefer
02/11/2006, 01:05 AM
looks like a browned out colony of zoos... what dose it suposed to look like?

dzhuo
02/11/2006, 01:12 AM
i think that's exactly what it suppose to look like. it's sometimes refered to as sea mat or something like that. it's very common, hard and cheap, supposely but i am not really sure. i don't think they are zoos though

BoomerD
02/11/2006, 02:42 AM
Looks like common palythoa polyps...Should be available at most LFS.
http://justcoral.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=862
Be aware (if you don't already know) that palythoa (particularly protopalythoa) have a powerful nerve toxin called palytoxin in their tissues. Nothing to mess with, and extreme care should be taken when handlng them, or fragging them.
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158730

racrumrine
02/12/2006, 12:00 AM
If you post your location, perhaps someone nearby can make a frag for you.

For example, I have a 2 or 3 different colors of them.

As was mentioned, they are not particularly special. That's why many people probably won't advertize them for sale. Had you gone to the BAR Swap today, you would have seen lots of these types of polyps.

Best of luck,

Roy

dzhuo
02/12/2006, 12:50 AM
oh yes sorry about the no location stuff. i am in san francisco. yes they are not very special so it's a good beginner corals for my nano. they are big and bright so that's all i need. do you want to sell a few polyps to me?

thanks!

Psionicdragon
02/12/2006, 01:59 AM
If you are a beginning, might heed BoomerD's warning. I think I have a colony of it, but my glass is too dirty so I can't tell :P.

Sparkss
02/12/2006, 02:23 AM
Those are definitely Palys, and like the others that responded, we also have several colonies of various colors. There are usually alot for sale in the livestock sellers/buyers forum here on RC also (that is where we got most of ours), they shouldn't be expensive at all, from any source :). And as everyone else has said, definitely heed Boomers warning about these corals.

dzhuo
02/12/2006, 02:29 AM
yes i have already read BoomerD's warning post. it's pretty scarely i will be very careful when handling with them. too bad san francisco doesn't have any quality lfs. i couldn't find them locally so if anyone wants to sell me a few frags, please let me know.

i did notice that they are for sell once a while in the selling forum but the problem is that most of them are not local so shipping alone is like more expensive than the coral itself. also, most frags selling are too large for my 10g nano so i am trying to get local reefers to sell smaller frags that i can pick up.

thanks!

andyman
02/24/2006, 07:38 PM
This stuff should be free. I've been trying to scrape all this stuff out of my tank for a while and bringing them to frag swaps. They grow pretty quick and spread themselves around. I'm not sure how many i have left but if they are easy to scrape off I'd love to give them away instead of flushing them.

otterpop510
02/24/2006, 10:02 PM
if you are willing to come to the east bay, i have some that i can frag (both green and brown) that you can have, if you got something to trade thats cool, but if not they're free. i'm relatively new also and alot of cool folks helped me out.. so if you are interesting in grabbing some pm me..

also, i went to my first BAR frag swap; if you haven't gone to one, there's tons of cool stuff, especially if you are starting out..