PDA

View Full Version : Nano Corals?

Reef_Dweller_69
02/09/2006, 02:11 PM
The corals that come in the nano frag coral paks are they mini corals or are they the same corals the are are fragged in the hobby? How big do they get?

fishesRdelicious
02/09/2006, 03:30 PM
there the same corals but just smaller pieces so that fit a nano tank better

Reef_Dweller_69
02/09/2006, 03:40 PM
ok so they are the same, just small frags that will grow the same way. So why don't more people buy nano paks and just let them grow? Hummm. Thanks FRD #1

zooqi
02/09/2006, 04:58 PM
Some stores sell Nano packs for almost the price of a whole colony at other places. Some corals need to be fraged and they are used either to sell as frags or as nano now. I'm giving away a whole little nano reef tank, fish, tank, filter, gravel, live rock, pieces of frags as a prize of few answered questions and then we do drawing to have a student win. FRD and I setup and got seahorses in one of the aquariums in Montoursville High School, we hang a poster on top of it with info about those sea horses, and then a long info. Students and staff can take a piece of paper we provided there with questions that came from the poster, and info and if they get it right they will go to the drawing box and the winner will get worth of $200 nano tank.

you see guys...
we are busy.. and as a matter of fact I spent all day yesterday framing the tanks and an hour today cleaning behind the tank etc.. Now that tank is looking really good.
FRD,, we need the camera man now.. the tank looks 150% better.

Reef_Dweller_69
02/09/2006, 08:13 PM
That sounds real nice Mo. Whoever wins it will have a very nice setup. I thought that tose nano paks would be a good deal to get with a bit of variety for not a whole heck of a lot. for like 65 bucks you can get a nice mix pak and watch them grow.

Reef_Dweller_69
02/09/2006, 08:14 PM
Did you build those nano tanks Mo?

fishesRdelicious
02/09/2006, 08:15 PM
i like that FRD #1 thing,
alot of people dont like waiting for the coral to grow to a show piece size, rather just pay more
thats where i am now with sps, i like frags but i have been setting up my tank for 3 and a half years and i finally am ready for sps. so i am tired of waiting
hey mo, what ever happened to you getting that 2,000 dollar camera, wife turn you down
i can tell who wears the pants in that relationship:D