PDA

View Full Version : Some details on April meeting!

moe_k
04/06/2002, 01:16 PM
Check out this page that Coral Reef Aquarium put together:

http://www.inverts.com/bostonrs&am/specialevent.html

See you there!

Reef-lite
04/07/2002, 03:29 AM
In order to receive the 15% discount from Coral Reef Aquarium, you need to be an associate of the Boston Reef Society. The BRS has two classes of membership: associates (members) and friends. Anyone can become a friend of the BRS for free (just send us your name, phone number and e-mail address to: info@bostonreefers.org). As a friend of the BRS, you will be notified of, and welcomed to, participate in Society meetings, guest speaker lectures and other special events. However, in order to obtain the full benefits and priveleges of membership, you need to pay the $10 annual dues to the Society. Membership benefits are expanding as we speak. But for now, it entitles you to:

1) The right to vote for board members and officers.
2) Discounts with our sponsors.

We have many, many more benefits that we are working on ... stay tuned.

If you wish to become an associate, you can send a check to:

Quy Nguyen
17 Roberts Street #2
Brookline, MA 02445

If it is not already on the check, please include your address, telephone number, e-mail address and the handle that you use on the boards. I will send you a receipt to confirm your membership in the BRS. We will also accept dues on the day of the meeting, which will give you immediate membership benefits (15% discount at Coral Reef Aquarium). But things will be hectic that day so sign up now and save time.

For those who paid their dues at the February meeting, I have your names on our membership list (this includes people who donated frags to the auction). Some people may wish to remain anonymous so I can't put the list on the board. But if you send me an e-mail, I will send you a confirmation of whether I have you on my list or not. The receipts that were given out were not meant to be your membership cards! For those of you who are accident prone, we are working on a permanent membership ID that can withstand showers/washing machines/water changes/tsunamis/etc.

Thanks - Jim (jim_reefer@hotmail.com)

Reef-lite
04/14/2002, 10:03 AM
^