PDA

View Full Version : Gossip...

dmorel
04/05/2002, 07:32 PM
Chris who was the guy trying to turn living seas around is now working over at Caribbean. He is a really pleasant fellow and will be a great addition to the shop I am sure.

I still haven't bought anything out of a tank from living seas and I doubt I ever will. Too bad since they are only three minutes from my house :(

-dm

Zmann
04/05/2002, 08:39 PM
I wrote a big long response to what you just wrote but I had to erase it because it would of made me look like a really mean person. Which I cab be. So all I have to say is pooee!! :furious:

Zmann
04/05/2002, 08:40 PM
The response was towards Christina not you Dave.

dmorel
04/05/2002, 09:03 PM
Christina is the woman who owns living seas?
If so, I admire your restraint.

Zmann
04/05/2002, 09:06 PM
Christina is the person working at Carribean now!!

dmorel
04/05/2002, 09:10 PM
Ah...
I still admire your restraint, only for different reasons.

kcolagio
04/05/2002, 09:22 PM
There was a woman who worked at CF for a while part time, then when living seas opened up, she picked up more hours working there (didn't make CF happy, but they kept her part time...*shrug* no idea why).

I wonder if that's who you are talking about...kinda tall, dark hair, pretty clueless?

But this thread started with "Chris" moving over...is he a short guy, pretty young (early 20s), glasses (I think)? If so, he seemed pretty decent...but that was from like 2 stops into the store.

I haven't been in LS for a while, but I won't buy from there because:
1) they have no idea on what to order (horse shoe crabs (4 in a tank!), 3 mandarins in a tank with no critters, 3 tangs in a tank...all yellow!)
2) they don't have good prices on anything.

*shrug* I only have a few bucks...they have to go around. :)

*** Disclaimer: these are my opinions, and as such, are not to be taken as fact. If you take them as fact, do so with the understanding that they are not. (if you don't understand, do a search for "petswarehouse.com" over the past day or two....)

saltwaterfishlover
04/05/2002, 09:23 PM
question..???

are you meanning man or woman....
if woman and long dark hair she was fired 2 weeks ago..
if male he is a nice guy yes young but knowledgeable

dmorel
04/05/2002, 09:36 PM
Wow, I thought the title of Gossip was kind of funny, but it kind of turned into a real gossipesque thread.

Just so we are clear, I was referring to the young male guy who I always thought was decent fellow.
He learned a lot from Tom from what I understand, and *may* also be studying this stuff in school.
I was under that impression, but can't remember if he told me that or I just deduced it, so if he is a philosophy major (like some of us were) please forgive me.

Zmann, if we are in fact talking about the same person, by all means please tell us your experience.

kcolagio, I agree with your assessment (they definitely are pricey)... I can overlook the mandarin and multi tangs kind of stuff just because those a very short term holding tanks. What I would not be able to overlook is if they sold someone three mandarins to take home to a 55g tank...

Whew, sorry this thread is becoming so strange.
Anyone want to come by for a beer tomorrow?
-dm

saltwaterfishlover
04/05/2002, 09:38 PM
I'll be there with bryan....need anything?

kcolagio
04/12/2002, 08:57 PM
OK....Tom, formerly of CF is no longer there. Are we sure he got fired?

Maybe he's working with them and starting another store somewhere....

maybe his wife got a job elsewhere and they moved...

maybe he bought them out and doesn't want to do grunt work anymore....

maybe, maybe, maybe...who has some facts in this mess?

saltwaterfishlover
04/12/2002, 09:26 PM
from a very reliable source he was pinkslipped by millie

Cowman345
04/22/2002, 12:19 AM
chris is a really nice guy and at LEAST as knowledgable as tom was. Anyone know why he got canned? He was a really nice guy, at least to me.

-dave-