PDA

View Full Version : Rio blew- looking for new!

Gary Majchrzak
04/05/2002, 02:30 PM
No surprise in this post,other than my Rio lasted 5 years.Probably due to the fact I only used it to mix up new saltwater in my garbage barrel and pump it into the main system.{That means I used it sparingly!}I'm wondering if someone has removed one of their Rio's from a critical application and were getting rid of it on the cheap,or if anyone had a similar pump gathering dust in the basement they would part with...? :confused:

Guy
04/05/2002, 03:08 PM
RC Steele had a few decent pumps in their clearance room, but I think Kevin C. grabbed a couple. Might want to ask him if there were any left.

kcolagio
04/05/2002, 03:37 PM
Not by the time I got done going over the table....but that was a few months ago....

If I weren't planning on using it for a skimmer, I'd think about selling the spare that I have....but I am planning on using it for a skimmer, so I can't help much.

Caribbean Forest usually has parts...if it was something replaceable, you may want to check with them.

fujimo32360
04/05/2002, 04:49 PM
I have a used rio 1700 and a 2100 Would be willing to trade for a couple frags.

Gary Majchrzak
04/06/2002, 12:38 AM
fujimo, I sharpened the pruning shears! Thanks!;)

ReeferMac
04/06/2002, 07:45 AM
I wouldn't risk trying to repair the broken Rio... On the outside chance something really bad happened, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot every time you changed your water.

- Mac

Gary Majchrzak
04/07/2002, 07:12 PM
Mac, ANY time I try to repair ANYTHING ...I end up wanting to shoot myself in the foot! My lovely wife would be aiming at another anatomical part! "If it ain't broke,don't fix it.If it is- throw it away!{or call a pro!}"
Thanx for the trade,Bob.I think we are both happy.'Till the next Rio blows,of course!:)