PDA

View Full Version : Meetings May & Forward.....

kennerd
04/05/2002, 01:18 PM
Hello, folks! Total days left in tax season is on the verge of dwindling to single digits, and I am getting itchy to get back in touch with everyone again!

I realize the April meeting is set, but have we decided on May, June, etc? I know Brian was discussing his BBQ gig, and I spoke with my wife, and we might be able to handle a meeting this summer. We have a decent sized yard, and more than enough room, so clue me in! We're the last exit off of the Garden State Parkway North, so it might be little bit of a trip for some.

Also, I finally have some pics out on the web, so check out our nanos and planted tank....The pics were taken only 30 utes of so after the daylight bulbs kicked in, so not everyone is fully awake & expanded.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~obrienken/index.html

Ken

ATLANTIS
04/05/2002, 02:23 PM
Ken,

We hopefully have April, May & June planned

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65783

Would you like to host July?

This list is just tentataive.... how does it sound?

March: Tracey (Katspaw)

April: ???? (Macolm)

May: John (Aquarist)

June: Brian (ATLANTIS) Atlantis Aquatics BBQ

We will needs to set the actual dates... as always this should be the host or hostess's choice.

Aquariust
04/05/2002, 04:16 PM
Hey Brian,

just thought I'd fill in the ???

April: Malcom (Mad drama)

-John

Rovert
04/06/2002, 12:33 AM
Ken, I'm always up for a reasonable road trip... key word there being 'reasonable', bearing in mind we're a NJ based club. I don't know what the pecking order for meetings is, but count me in, whatever the date. You guys don't think I'm gonna let you have all the fun without me, do 'ya?

Hey, Steve... think you can make it for this one, or are you gonna wimp out again?

kennerd
04/06/2002, 09:06 AM
I'll check with my wife, Kim & let eveyone know!

Rovert: I'm literally 1.5 miles over the border. Blink & you're back in Jersey.

Rovert
04/06/2002, 10:22 AM
Ken, I know exactly where you are. I used to live in Spring Valley (on the 'poor' side), and my cousin lived in Spring Valley - come Chestnut Hills, in the birds. My mother taught at SVJH for many years before she retired, and I'm a graduate of RCC.

If I'm not staying at my folks, you guys from down here are welcome to carpool with me.

kennerd
04/07/2002, 11:10 AM
Looks like Kim took the bait & we can host the July meeting. I'll figure out the dates between now & then & set everyone up with directions & details.

I should have things relocated into one room by then, and we have plenty of room inside, should the weather not cooperate.

Ken

BORECKI
04/07/2002, 11:40 AM
I would like to host the August meeting. I'm in central Jersey about 1.5 miles off the Madison ave exit of 287 three houses past the DREW campus.
Boris.

EdBurhop
04/07/2002, 05:01 PM
I can host a meeting pretty much any time. I have a pretty large house. I live near Atlantic City. However, if anyone is interested, a summer meeting could include a pool party, bring the family type event. I have a large inground pool and deck in the backyard. It would have to be September at the latest, it gets to cold after that and even September starts to get chilly. I am not sure if there would be any interest, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Ed

PS, just picked up a 75 gallon tank. stand, sump,pumps, skimmer, and a 400W metal halide for 200 bucks. Great deal. SPS here I come......

BORECKI
04/07/2002, 10:43 PM
ED
If that's the case then I'll forgo August to you and take September for me.
The fall foliage is very nice up here in Madison in Sept.
Boris.

ATLANTIS
04/07/2002, 11:20 PM
This is FANTASTIC!!!!

It looks like we have Spring & Summer Meetings worked out.....

Allow me to rehash.......

April 21 : Malcolm (Mad Drama)

May ?? : John (Aquarist)

June ?? : Brian (ATLANTIS) Atlantis Aquatics BBQ

July ?? : Ken (kennard) BBQ

August ?? : Ed (EdBurhop) BBQ and then some :-)

September ?? : Boris (BORECKI)

I am sure we can fill in the exact dates as they become available.

Malcolm_C
04/09/2002, 07:33 AM
Did someone say ...........................pool party? spy key and I are reef junkies, so I'm sure we'll come to all of the meetings, no matter the distance.

bahrhoops
04/09/2002, 04:58 PM
Woah !!:eek2:
my computer was off - line for one week and I missed 6 months of scheduling !!
I wont be able to make the April meeting but after that my schedule should open up and I can start attending again.

As for my place- I have the floors finished except one last coat (tonight).After that I'm getting the steel stand built and I can start the plumbing and electrical lines soon .

ps. Robert "i heard that":uzi:
-see you all soon - steve bahr