PDA

View Full Version : Hello in Tampa!!!!

reefboi
04/04/2002, 07:23 PM
This board looks dead so hopefully someone will see this soon... :wavehand:

I am from the Tampa area (Brandon) and my folks live down there. I am currently living in Atlanta and travel between the two quite often. From what I understand or have heard, Livestock and Live Rock prices are much better down there. I was curious to know if there is anyone down there that could recommend some places to look at/check out on my next trip down there in a few weeks? It is only a six hour drive for me so transporting Livestock shouldn't be a big problem.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
Thanks

luminary
04/04/2002, 11:35 PM
We pretty much just use this board to post meeting announcements, but some of us do keep watch on it...

Here's a list of some of the local stores:
http://www.tampabayreef.com/stores/lfs.html

If you're in town, we have club meetings on the second saturday of every month. I post the notices in this forum and also have an email list for the club.

Mako
04/05/2002, 12:09 AM
Reefboi - Make sure you check out Fish & Other Ichthy Stuff in Oldsmar on your next visit. The only one of the bunch I would really recommend.

reefboi
04/07/2002, 09:36 AM
Thank you Luminary for the link to tampabayreef.com, looks like you have a pretty nice guide to lfs's on it, and thank you Mako for the suggestion regarding Fish & Other Ichthy Stuff in Oldsmar. Have either one of you checked out Marine Warehouse in Tampa? Was kinda curious how their prices are...

Mako
04/07/2002, 09:41 AM
MW in Tampa is so so. Their pricing is pretty much what you find in most LFS these days. What gets me about them anymore is their husbandry. They need to do a better job for sure. Last time I was in there their display tanks did not look too good.

luminary
04/07/2002, 10:09 AM
I completely agree with Chuck...Fish and Other Itchty Stuff is definitely the best of the bunch. It's the only one I shop at. Many people in the club also frequent Pet Mart.

I do not shop at Marine Wharehouse, but don't want to get into it in an online forum :).

Jabrams
04/07/2002, 10:41 AM
Hello,

Petmart has ref flatworms:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

welcome to the area

Mako-

the corals are looking pretty good-- thanks for the excellent trade

luminary
04/07/2002, 01:55 PM
Basically all the LFS in Tampa have red flatworms...I've seen them in 4 or 5 different stores.

Mako
04/08/2002, 08:23 AM
Matt - And the best is going to get better. At least larger. I was there yesterday and in conversation with John & Jenifer found out that they are expanding into the next unit. Will almost double their current size. It's nice to see the good ones doing well enough to be able to expand.

Mako
04/08/2002, 08:25 AM
Almost forgot. With their upcoming expansion they are trying to liquidate (less to move) so they have 20% off on all livestock right now.

Jabrams
04/08/2002, 12:01 PM
sweet

mako, when we going?:cool:

luminary
04/08/2002, 05:12 PM
Yeah...I'm looking forward to them expanding...John showed me the proposed floor plan a couple months ago....gonna be sweet...Glad to hear they closed it....He hadn't accepted the lease when I was last in there...

He was joking about getting some of his regulars to come in and work for trade :)....Now that they finalized it, I'll have to bring it up again...

"Will work for coral"....