PDA

View Full Version : New to the area and ready to get back into it...

Mr James
02/02/2006, 01:14 PM
I just moved here (Crestview SE side of town; S of 10, E of 85) from Palm Coast and am glad to hear there are a fair number of reefers in the area!! I work in FWB but just got a house in Crestview. Darn this is a busy little town!! And I hear 2500 more troops are moving down here. They really need to add another bypass or a few more lanes heading to the bases!!

Anyway, I am going to be setting up the tanks hopefully soon. Where to go for livestock?? I tried FishBiz but was a little disappointed. Are there any good stores in Pensecola?? Anyone want to get rid of some liverock, locally?? How about equipment??

True Percula
02/02/2006, 05:19 PM
I have a pengiun 330 filter for sale..And a maroon clownfish the pengiun i will sell for 30 and the clownfish 20 pm me if intrested..I am in lauderhill florida

Superorb
02/02/2006, 06:03 PM
you guys are like 8-10 hours apart.. hope you plan to ship.

Phildirt
02/02/2006, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the area. Rush hour traffic sux. They need to get the old mayor out and get some new ideas going on. He has been office for forever Start with making Hwy 85 6 lanes from Shoal river to Airport Rd. I live in the same area of town, so traffic isn’t to bad for me. Anyways…..
FishBiz was the best in that area till the owner and his wife split. They still have a better knowledge base than the others in town, they are easy to deal with and can order anything you want (with a complete understanding of what you want). Pet land in Sun plaza has greatly improved, BUT they are still new to salt (about one year or less) and could use more seasoning (no pun intended). Pensacola has some better stores, the best for salt IMO is Water World Tropical Fish Inc off of 9th Ave which is North of Cordova Mall. They also carry SPS. I think Mobile has some decent places also, but I have never been. Mobile has a local club site http://www.mbrk.com ‘Mobile Bay Reef Keepers’ they may have more info about that. Hope this helps.

2divers
02/03/2006, 04:41 PM
Try Niceville Pets its in Niceville just west of the High School on Highway 20. Owner is nice and carries a nice selection of corals and fish. Gets the shipments on Thurs or sometimes friday. They occassionally have live rock but will order anything you want.

In Pensacola try Water World - good selection of fish, sometimes good rock, small frags ($10 - $20) and good selection of higher priced larger pieces of corals.

I have cb seahorses guaranteed to eat frozen mysis.

Welcome to the area!

Mr James
02/03/2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks all!! I hope that we all can get together for some trading, talking and such some time soon. I helped organize a reef club in Fort Wane, IN a few years back but then moved down here to Florida and have yet to set my tanks back up again, due to job instability. But I think this place is different. Should get started on setting tanks up next month.

HEY, where do you guys get your live rock from?? Online or local??

Phildirt
02/03/2006, 08:33 PM
Most local is Atlantic aqua-culture LR. If you want special LR then order on line, it can be cheaper.