PDA

View Full Version : Aquaculture Facility Tour

JollyGreen
02/01/2006, 11:29 PM
I was reading some forums on other parts of reefcentral and someone mentioned Dr. Macs was 2 hours from Baltimore and had Live Rock for $3-$4 per pound. So I searched to find it and I found:

<a href="http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com">Pacific East</a>
<a href="http://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/Aquaculturefacility.aspx">Aquaculture Facility</a>

Located
107 School Street, PO Box 217, Mardela Springs, MD 21837

Evidentally he runs his own Aquaculture Facility and grows lots of corals.

"Want to personally see any item on this site, just stop by! Come on by and check us out, we are open for retail sales Monday through Saturday 11-5 pm, or by appointment.

We provide tours for many organizations, the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, Science Classes, and Retirement Centers. We also offer a program for Reef Clubs to come for a day and enjoy lunch on us and a 10% discount for the club members on corals, clams, and fish (sale items excluded)."

It would be pretty cool to get a tour of his facility, I'm sure a lot of people would learn a lot, and it would just be neat to see.

zooqi
02/01/2006, 11:36 PM
FRD probably can put this in our list of trips this summer. We have All Ohio Frag Swap and Our Frag swap May 6th and I think is a great idea to do a trip that directions. Thanks for the info

Reef_Dweller_69
02/02/2006, 12:33 PM
I would love this sort of trip. Get a chance to see how the big boys do it and get a wonderful education in the process. There woul dno way to visit a place like that and not WALK AWAY WITHOUT LEARNING SOMETHING.

fishesRdelicious
02/02/2006, 03:19 PM
i had planned to go there a couple times when i was down there, but we never got around to it. now with you, scissorsfishors, and me we'll have to plan a trip. not to far from baltimore, about 2 hours

bmkindig
02/02/2006, 07:14 PM
hey
i would love to do this but every time i plan to go some comes up.dr mac has nice stuff also

stargazer=2
02/04/2006, 08:30 AM
we were there with sv-sea club last year you have to see this place we did learn a lot if you can make it go well worth the trip -Dane & Donna

fishesRdelicious
02/04/2006, 01:16 PM
ok, jollygreen and scissorsfishors lets set a date to go there

scissorsfishors
02/04/2006, 06:10 PM
feb is booked up. unless you come down the weekend before e's birthday. march is open except for the weekend that I'll be up in PA, march 17th I think.

Jeremy, when are you free?
And I am glad that all these guys were so helpful since I was gone for a week right after you set your tank up! they know more than me anyway. :) How is your tank looking now?

FRD- I thought ammonia spiked before nitrate?

fishesRdelicious
02/04/2006, 09:43 PM
i am pritty much free from now until the summer
you should of never got that book:D

scissorsfishors
02/05/2006, 08:44 AM
well I am pretty sure that that is what my book said! That book has a lot of valuable info. You are just jealous that I know TONS more than you now! And that I helped jeremy set up his tank in like an hour and a half. I believe it took us 3 days to set up my new tank. :)

JollyGreen
02/05/2006, 09:28 AM
I'm like FRD, I'm free until summer. I might take a weekend off here and there to go saltwater fishing or enter a tournament, but I can schedule that around our trip pretty easily. What ever comes up first.

scissorsfishors
02/05/2006, 10:04 AM
thanks for the invite to go fishing. Heather (if she is still speaking to you) and I would like to go. haha.

OK well then someone set a weekend. FRD, think you can ask the rents to drive you half way again? Saves me tons of time coming up to get you! Check their calendar. I think March would be good?

fishesRdelicious
02/05/2006, 11:15 AM
ok, march it is. i cant go the weekend of march 19. that is the ohio frag swap

JollyGreen
02/05/2006, 12:09 PM
How about March 4th? I know my friend Dave was also interested in going, I'll see if he can go on that day.

fishesRdelicious
02/05/2006, 07:22 PM
i am free

scissorsfishors
02/06/2006, 07:45 PM
March 4th... well let me check my schedule...
Looks good. :)

FRD- Make sure you ask if M&D will give you a ride half way!!!

fishesRdelicious
02/06/2006, 07:58 PM
sure thing

scissorsfishors
02/07/2006, 07:18 PM
OK March 4th! Jeremy put it on your calendar and ask Dave if he wants to come. Aaron-prepare to telaport! :)

fishesRdelicious
02/07/2006, 07:20 PM
march 4th good to go

zooqi
02/07/2006, 08:19 PM
cool,, it looks like we have a group going there. You guys might want to send Dr an email to let him know.