PDA

View Full Version : Carter's is opening another store with a huge fish dept.

MrMonkeyFingers
02/01/2006, 09:12 PM
I got a chance to talk to the owner of Carter's this afternoon and he told me that they are going to open another store around april. They are going to be taking over the Grocery Outlet's retail space on March lane next to Office Depo, I believe he said it's a 15,000 square ft. space. He said that he and Danny [the fishroom manager] went to a bunch of stores in the Bay Area [one of them being Aquatic Gallery] for store and display ideas. He said they are going to have arches that are tank displays and I think he said they were going to have a 5k gallon tank display.. [don't quote me on that one] but it sounds exciting what he plans on doing.... hopefully it all works out and Stockton will get a great fish store on the level of the bay area!

lanxang
02/01/2006, 10:16 PM
great news. why after I move to sac though. like you, I hope it pans out.

Bdimas
02/01/2006, 11:25 PM
Sweet! I hope it goes through. Those guys are constantly busy.

mothra
02/02/2006, 02:45 PM
Wow, that is crazy. Should be interesting - I hope it really happens!

mothra
02/06/2006, 01:10 AM
Was over there today with Scott and Sandra. Sounds like they are planning to move to the larger location. The saltwater section sounds like it is going to be really nice - and much larger than the current one.

On a downer of a note they have an outbreak of zooanthid eating nudibranchs right now, so if you buy any corals from them make sure to give them a dip, and visually inspect very closely and thouroughly. Quarantine would be stongly advised, we all should be quarantining everything anyway.

MrMonkeyFingers
02/06/2006, 04:28 AM
that sucks.. they just got a huge shipment of zoos too :(