PDA

View Full Version : 10 gallon nano, my smallest

yardboy
01/29/2006, 09:00 PM
Thought I'd give it a try with a 10 gallon that I heavily modified. Tanks been up three months.
Glad to answer any questions. This is just to stimulate a little interest in this forum.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/yardboy/012906.jpg

PelagicMagic
01/30/2006, 09:06 PM
Looks great, I am thinking about getting a tank like that. How did you make the wall? What are you using for lights? Additives? Filtration and circulation? Do you have a skimmer?

yardboy
01/30/2006, 10:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6627533#post6627533 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PelagicMagic
Looks great, I am thinking about getting a tank like that. How did you make the wall? What are you using for lights? Additives? Filtration and circulation? Do you have a skimmer?

10 gallon tank with 10 gallon sump - Mag 3.5 return through a Calfo manifold with four outlets. corner overflow of plexiglass bent into L - bottom drain through 1" bulkhead into 4" upright PVC pipe in sump for microbubble control and chemical media,
Back wall made by cutting base rock with chop saw w/ abrasive blade to make flat side, siliconed to back glass then mortared with aragocrete to fill in gaps.
light 175W metal halide fixture scavenged from salvage yard, XM 15000K bulb with bare magnetic ballast in a cracker tin attached to back of stand. blue led night lights (2) made from "dashboard effects" with 12V DC power supply from old cell phone.
kalk drip with weekly 10% WC, activated carbon in return compartment, AquaC Urchin skimmer.